– What do you mean?

– the last name. mine ain't trips, so what's yours?

The usual gag about my last name was people laughing after they heard it by teachers at school. Never, though, I had found myself in a situation where one would think it was a fake name.

– Oh. Well. It really is "Charming".

– nah i don't believe you!

– You want me to show you my ID card?

Had she said yes, I would have actually gotten my card and photographed it.

– oh man u serious.

– Yup.

– wow. that's kinda cool.

– But yours is cool too!

– why would you say that?

– Haven't you read it? Tiger. That's the way Mary Jane calls Peter Parker! Like, they could tell you "Go get 'em, Tiger!" any time and they would actually be saying your freaking name! It's so cool!

– wow, all i could think about was the store lol

I smiled. I'd never smiled in front of a chat before. Usually, I would type "HAHAHA" and have a funeral face on, but this time I actually smiled.

– You've never watched Spider-Man?

I wanted to say "read" instead of "watched", but finding comic book readers was as rare as it gets, so I didn't even try.

– no. i always wanted to watch it, but i never sat down and did it.

– No way. We gotta do something about that.

– i'll watch it one day.

– How about this? One day, we get on this chat, put it on at the same time, and watch it together?

That could have been too much to ask for to a person I had basically just met, but I asked anyway.

– that's a great idea! like distance doesn't matter!

– Yeah! I'm glad you like it!

– i think i'll like you a lot, mr. charming.

I just couldn't believe what she just said. Like me a lot. What was even going on in my life.

– So what do you like? Except for wrestling, I mean.

– um i like harry potter. and disney movies.

– Disney movies, uh? You happen to like Peter Pan?

– of course i do. i grew up with it.

– So did I! Or, should I say, didn't grow up with him! XD

– hahaha u're right!

Once again, my theory was correct. This girl was really nice and funny, my first impression of her being presumptuous was dead wrong.