It was all my fault.

“Oakley? Oakley!” Someone brought me out of my thoughts.

I looked up and saw Chloe kneeling next to me.

“You were spaced out for ages, you okay?” She asked hesitantly.

I nodded slowly. Was I okay yet?

Looking around the room, I saw that we were the only two in the room.

“Where’d everyone go?” I asked.

“Oakley they all left like twenty minutes ago. Don’t you remember?” She questioned.

“Oh.” I felt really stupid now.

“Like I said, you’ve been out of it for awhile now, Scott and I were kinda getting worried.” She laughed nervously.

That’s when I finally felt cold and alone, Scott had left, he wasn’t next to me, holding me so I wouldn’t fall apart. He was gone.

“Oakley calm down, he’s in the kitchen with Aunty Kelly. She went shopping and bought half the supermarket. She is cooking dinner.”

I looked up at the clock and was taken back, whoa, it was seven at night. I was out for awhile. I smiled to myself at the thought of Scott helping in the kitchen. He was so nice. He didn’t even have to be here if he didn’t want to.

“Are you okay?” I asked her. I haven’t really spoken to anyone today other than Scott. I now kind of felt selfish.

“Yeah I’m alright now. Still a little shaken. I’m just trying to get this house back together.” She laughed.

“What?”

“You’re not the only one who can’t deal with it. Jason’s in his room sleeping now thank god. Before he was a mess, I mean literally. He was throwing things, screaming. He just can’t take it well I guess.” She shook her head.

Jason and Chloe were pretty close now. They’re the same age and always looking out for each other. I never really knew how Chloe became an orphan, I didn’t really think of asking. I just figured if she wanted us to know, she would have said something.

Chloe came here around two years ago. She was one of the newbie’s here. She fit in perfectly though when she got here. All the younger ones loved her, especially Liam. He’s only three, and still doesn’t have a clue what’s going on. A couple of hours ago he was running round the house calling for Mary. He wanted her to tell him a story before he went to sleep.

This was going to take a lot of getting used to.

It was defiantly going to be different around here from now on.  

“Should I go talk to him?” I asked not sure what to do.

“He might me sleeping at the moment, but yeah maybe you talking to him might do some good.” She nodded.

With all little strength I had left in me, I walked slowly and carefully up into our room, and saw that he was lying in bed. I opened the door wider and saw that his eyes were open and he was crying.

“Jason,” I sighed. He looked up at me and wiped his face.

“Go away.”

I walked to his bed and sat on the edge of it.

“I’m not going anywhere; I’m going to sit with you until fall asleep.” I smiled.

He smiled at me, “I love you Oakley.”

Two I love you in a day. What’s going on with the world?

“Get some sleep Jase. You’re going to need it.”

Jase was on the verge of sleeping when he muttered.

“Oakley, promise me you won’t ever leave me. Everyone leaves me.”

This struck me. That’s why he was so upset. Everyone he was close with would leave. He was a broken boy, that just wanted to be rescued.

For his sake I hopped he adopted soon. He needed to be around a happy environment, with parents that loved him.

He fell asleep within minutes which I was glad about. He needed sleep. He was starting to form black circles under his eyes, which wasn’t good. He was only young.

The poor boy.

I was starting to get tired so without realising I was doing it, I laid down next to Jase and closed my eyes. It had been a really long day.

“Oakley?” Someone whispered in my ear.

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I saw Scott leaning over me.

“You okay there?” He smiled brushing the hair off my face.

“Sleepy.” I muttered.

He smirked. “Oakley, I’m going to stay down stairs alright. You rest up.” He kissed my forehead.

I nodded, and smiled into Jason’s pillow.

“I love you Oakley Green.” He smiled.

“Ilveyutosot.” I said half falling back asleep, half mumbling into my pillow.

“Be my girlfriend?” He asked suddenly.

I nodded my head, nearly at unconscious.

“Is that a yes?” He asked.

“Yay.” I smiled.

I heard Scott chuckle, then leave the room.

Everything was going to be okay.

Maybe not right now, but it will be.

THE END...

****************************************************************************************

Joking Joking, I wouldn't do that, It's just getting juicy, right now!!

Comment vote please,

I LOVE YOU GUYSSSSSSSSSSSS

Claire xx