I will forever be grateful for spending 16 years of my life with a person as amazing as her. All the memories I have shared with her will forever be cherished and remembered. Mary will forever live in my heart…

In our hearts.

Mary’s in heaven now and we’re here at her funeral. This is not the time for us to grieve about her death but it’s our time to celebrate her life. I know that I won’t ever forget Mary. She never wanted to see people cry, ever. She was always there to make everyone happy. So at this moment when we are about to lay her body at rest, let’s all think back and remember how Mary touched each and every our lives. How she made us laugh and how good Mary was as a person. This is not the moment for us to shed our tears but we should all be thankful that we were given the chance to have known such a beautiful women named Mary.

Mary will forever be missed but I know in the right time, I will meet her again. We will all meet Mary again and she’ll make us laugh until the tears pour out again.

I love you Mary.

Always have always will.

Finishing off my speech, some people were smiling at me. Thanking me for such a wonderful speech. While the speech just made everyone else cry. There were used tissues everywhere. It was a sad day for everyone. Even if you didn't know her, it was a moving speech. I myself, was just glad it’s over.

I sat back down in the queue and Scott wrapped an arm around me.
“That was beautiful Oakley, I didn’t realise you had it in you.” He smiled kissing the top of my forehead.

“I couldn’t have done it without you.” I smiled wiping the water from my eye.

“I love you Oakley.” These four words would have shocked me, but him saying that, just fell into place, It felt right. And deep down, I knew also.

“I love you to Scott.”

****

People came back to our place after the service and drank all our coffee and ate everything we had in the cupboard. There was nothing left, expect a frantic Kelly pacing up and down that there will be nothing for the younger ones in the morning.

Scott stayed by my side all during the day. We hadn’t really spoken since we told each other that loved one another. Everyone was sitting in the lounge room, making my completely uncomfortable. All the young kids were playing in the middle of the room, on the new carpet.

Right where she laid.

In the exact spot.

But I didn’t say anything, how could I? That would just cause more tears and screams. I sat there numb and cold, with Scott’s arm around me.

I didn’t want to be in this room, let alone in this house. It was just creepy and frightening, that whoever killed Mary, was still out there, and probably watching us right this minute.

That was what was frightening me the most. He or she might have been at the funeral earlier. They could have kissed me apologising for my loss. I didn’t even know which was killing me.

I didn’t speak after my speech; I didn’t have the energy to. I didn’t know half the people who were there; they couldn’t care less about me or the other kids.

To them, Mary was just a stupid girl to take us all in. That we were the reason she died. Least did she know that she was right. I was the reason that she was dead.