“You know what that means, right?” Blaire asked, leaning in closer to me over Grace’s lap.

           “Enlighten me,” I growled, still pretty pissed at Luke and his ways.

           “Luke’s joining the team, meaning you get to see your future husband even more.”

           “Oh, shut up. Hell would have to freeze over before I even dream of touching him.”

           “I’ve dreamed many times of that. Except we didn’t stop at just kissing,” Lindsay breathed dreamily. “In fact, we went all the—” I pinched her, cutting her off.

           “I don’t care for your daydreams about that bastard,” I grumbled, burying myself deeper into the leather couch that I’d been sat on, glaring holes into the back of Luke’s head as he strode back over to the couch in front of the TV.

          I fucking hated him.

          * * *

When we had gotten back from school today, Luke had gone straight upstairs. I wasn’t sure what he was doing, because I knew for a fact, he wasn’t doing his homework. Plus, his television was broken so there wasn’t much else he could do.

          I had pushed the thought away and had retired to the living room to finish my math homework that I hadn’t been able to finish during my free period. I had no idea why Mr. Smyth had settled on giving us so much homework. We did have other subjects that needed just as much as attention as Math did, too. I just don’t think some teachers understood that. Especially Mr. Smyth. He was pretty awesome, and I’ll give him that, but he just loved to pile homework on us-almost like he did it just for the fun of it.

          Now, I’d been sat in the living room, just hitting my forty-fifth minute of homework when Luke came padding in through the door frame in a pair of low-slung sweatpants and a t-shirt. He grunted when he saw me. I turned my head and shot him a glare.

           “What do you want?” I asked him.

           “I want to play Battlefield,” he stated simply. “Move.”

          I gave him an are-you-kidding-me look. “No, don’t you see that I’m trying to do homework?”

           “You’re still doing that?”

           “No, I’m just flipping through textbooks for the bloody joy of it, Luke. I obviously am still working on it. So no, you cannot play Battlefield.”

           “You’re slow.” He walked into the room and stopped to bend down next to me. I heard him laugh when he saw that I was only on problem five. “Actually, you’re really slow.”

           “Luke Pierce actually did his homework?” I gasped, feigning shock. “That’s a surprise to the world.”