twenty-two

May 23, 6:19 a.m.

Justin: I was wondering if I should bring anything today. For you or for Paris. Or maybe even CeCe or Santiago. It seems like one parakeet is completely overshadowing the other. That can't be good for a keet's self-esteem.

May 23, 6:34 a.m.

Ariana: You need to get a waterproof phone, so I can call you when you're in the shower. Because that seems to be the place I miss you most. Okay. It's thoughtful of you to want to bring something. I know we talked about giving each other surprises, but you don't need to do that. Seriously. You only need to bring yourself.

May 23, 7:00 a.m.

Justin: You are the first girl who ever said that she missed me when I was in the shower. Ari, Ari, Ari. I wonder if you jog half as good as you flirt.

May 23, 3:38 p.m.

Ariana: Come now! Come now! The eggs are hatching.

Justin: I'm almost to your house.

Ariana: Wow. You're early.

Justin: Only by, like, ten minutes.

Ariana: So you're telling me that you're ten minutes away?

Justin: You're quick.

Ariana: Don't tease me. I'm feeling way too fragile for that.

Justin: What's wrong?

Ariana: I'm nervous.

Justin: About Paris?

Ariana: About you!

Justin: There's no reason to be nervous about me. We've covered this already. I'm totally great. You've got a long list to back it up.

Ariana: I know. It's just. Oh my god. We're going to meet.

Justin: That's a good thing.

Ariana: Yeah. Yeah.

Justin: Hey, I think I see your house.

Ariana: You do? That didn't take ten minutes. Are you sure you saw my house?

Justin: Well, I'm in the middle of nowhere. I haven't seen a landmark or sign of civilization for miles. The house I'm looking at is the fourth one on the left and it's blue. And also shaped like a triangle.

Ariana: Are you driving a green car?

Justin: Yep.

Ariana: I can see you, too!

Justin: Wow. Your house is big.

Ariana: Justin, before we meet, I need to tell you something.

Justin: You've got something else to tell me?

Ariana: It's about my hair.

Justin: Are you really a baldy?

Ariana: No. Nothing that dramatic.

Justin: That's a relief.

Ariana: I dye the ends of my hair.

Justin: What color? Green?

Ariana: Blonde. But my natural color is brown.

Justin: I don't care what color your hair is.

Ariana: I bet you would if it really was green.

Justin: Your car must be an all-wheel drive. I mean, your driveway has a steep grade.

Ariana: I told you. I live on a hill.

Justin: I see that. Hey, is that your dogwood?

Ariana: Yes, that's it. Oh my god. You're parking!

Justin: Yes. It's something I often do after I arrive somewhere by car.

Ariana: You're getting out of your car. You've got a bag. Did you bring something for Paris?

Justin: No, they're churros. For you. Where are you?

Ariana: Up here. In my window. Hey, where are you going?

Justin: I'm taking a look at your tree. It's growing buds. It'll probably blossom in a few weeks.

Ariana: The plaque arrived today. Crazy timing, right?

Justin: That's amazing.

Ariana: Do you see a good place where I should attach it? Maybe the south side of the base? Or maybe the west side? It's sunnier.

Justin: I didn't drive all the way down to East Montpelier with a sack of churros to inspect the shade of your dogwood.

Ariana: Yeah. You're right. I'll figure it out.

Justin: Do you want me to ring the doorbell? Or are you going to come down?

Ariana: Why don't you come to my window? I can't totally see you yet.

Justin: Maybe it's because you're two stories above me.

Ariana: Oh, I can see you now. Oh my god. It's you! It's you! I can see your head. And your face. You're exactly what I expected.

Justin: Ariana, why are we still talking on the phone?

THE END

A/N:

awww this is it :(((((

gonna miss my parents in this book... thanks for reading this book and supporting me through it!

but no y'all; there'll be no sequel!!!

I like this book the way it is and I'm not gonna continue writing more just for the sake of continuing it lol

but you shall not be saddened (lol) bc I have a new book out called ''The Falls'' and I think y'all would really like it so go check it out if you haven't already and leave a vote!

love ya babes <3