Chapter 16

Venus' POV
Alena and I walked arm in arm, out of the castle. We walked down to Hogsmeade, and stopped in front of the Three Broomsticks. We walked inside, and then kept walking to the rear of the restaurant, to the Hog's Head.
A strange feeling filled the air, but I pushed it down.
Alena turned to me, smiling. "I just thought we could get some drinks and get to know each other."
I smiled. "Of course."
We sat down at the bar, and the sleazy looking bartender brought over two drinks. I furrowed my eyebrows because we hadn't ordered. Nevertheless, I picked up the drink, and without Alena noticing, sniffed it before pretending to drink it. Spending my days with a Potions Master, I've learned quite a lot in terms of distinguishing potions. There was something in my drink. And I don't believe it could be a Pepperup Potion.
I waved my hand discreetly, and the poisoned drink disappeared, another taking its place. It looked the exact same, full to the brim.
Alena smiled at me, taking a sip of her drink.
"So, Venus, how did you end up at Hogwarts?"
I rose an eyebrow. "I was in hiding."
Alena looked worried. "Who from?"
I chuckled. "Hades."
Alena nodded in understanding. "Well that's understandable. I've heard bad things about him."
I nodded. "Those things you heard were probably an understatement. He ended up kidnapping me."
Alena's eyes widened. "Wow, how did you escape?!"
I smiled. "Our mother, and our grandfather. They helped me."
A sad look filled Alena's eyes.
I furrowed my brows. "Are you okay?"
She nodded, halfheartedly. "Mom doesn't really talk to me."
My chest tightened. "I'm sorry, Alena. If it makes you feel any better, she only talks to me once in a while. She's very busy, you know, being a goddess and all."
Alena laughed, looking at me. "I guess you're right. There's just one thing I can't seem to understand. Why do we look so similar? We look like twins."
"I think it's just a demiwitch thing. And we do have the same Mom. It must just be in our DNA." I explained.
Alena shrugged. "Could be."
However, something in her eyes told me she knew more than she was saying.
******
Later that night
Venus' POV
"There's something on your mind."
I looked up as Severus came out of the bathroom, wearing nothing but a black towel around his torso.
"And how do you figure that?" I teased, raising an eyebrow at the Potions Master.
He gave me a pointed look, eyebrow raised.
I laughed in response. "Okay, you caught me."
Severus gave a little knowing smirk, and sat down on his side of the bed, and waited for me to explain.
I waved my hand and the drink from the bar appeared on the bed in between us.
Sev gave me a confused look, as he picked up the glass.
"What's this?"
"You tell me. It's not just alcohol, I know that much." I said, watching as he sniffed it.
"Ghost Venom. It's called as such because the afflicted person doesn't see any symptoms. Death comes within 24 hours. It's the most lethal potion known to the Wizarding World." Sev explained.
I nodded in understanding.
He gave me a questioning look. "How come you have something like this?"
I rolled my eyes, waving my hand as the glass, and the drink, disappeared again.
"Don't worry, I'm not going rogue. This was in my drink at the Hog's Head, where I spent the day with Alena. I didn't drink any of it. I also didn't order it, but I have a feeling...that Alena did."
Sev's eyebrows rose in disbelief. "You do?"
I nodded. "Yep. Maybe my mom was right. But I'm intent to find out how right she was, by myself."
I met Sev's gaze. "I'm going to spy on her. Put my membership of the Order to good use."
Severus opened his mouth to speak, but I placed a finger on his lips. "Don't try to argue."
He glared at me.
I removed my finger from his lips, regretting it instantly.
"That's absolutely absurd! You're pregnant, for Merlin's sake! It's too dangerous, and I will not allow you to put yourself and our unborn child in such danger." He argued, standing up abruptly.
I narrowed my eyes at him. "Have you forgotten who I am?! I can take care of myself, first off; and second of all, I'm not a child, and you're not my father! My father is dead. And you're my boyfriend, so please act as such."
Severus pursed his lips, the agitation in his eyes dwindling a bit.
He pulled something out of his bedside drawer, and handed it to me.
It was a ring.
"If you must do this insufferable task, wear this ring. It's enchanted. It will let me know if you are in danger or if you have been hurt in any way."
I smiled softly, taking it between my fingertips. I slid it on my ring finger, observing it.
"If it makes you feel better, I will."
Severus stepped forward, taking my face gently in his hands. He was looking me over with adoration now.
I smirked, as I teasingly gripped the top of his bath towel.
I pulled it off slowly, biting my lower lip seductively.
His eyes filled with desire, as he rose an eyebrow attractively.
"I believe it's about time for bed." I purred, as I leaned back against the headboard, unbuttoning my nightshirt, exposing my black bra.
Sev's gaze followed my every move.
In an instant, he was straddling me, gripping my wrists.
I knew how much he liked to be in control, so, I let him.
"Do what you please." I whispered, looking him straight in the eye.
He leaned down, his velvet voice by my ear.
"I intend to."
*******
A/N: okay, so I clearly made up the poison. But I'm pretty certain there's a poison like that in the Wizarding World, I just could not find it anywhere. Anyways, let me know what you think!
P.S.: sorry for the wait! My semester has just ended, so now I have more time to write! Yay!
-Hannah x