I turned back, thinking of taking some night air when a face popped up. "Ah! Dammit, Damon. What are you doing here?" I touched my fragile heart. Damon face showed he knew that I was keeping something from them and he wanted to know. "What?" I whined as I started to walk away from him and walking home.

"What do you mean by not be bringing it yet? What are you hiding? Where are you going?' Damon demanded, pulling my arm, trying to stop me. I shrugged his hand away. "Don't make me snap your neck right now." What made he think that I was actually afraid of him? "What do you mean by that?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Argh! Now you tell me .. why all of you stop talking when I came down?" I folded my arms. Damon went quiet. "Whatever that is happening in my life has nothing to do WITH YOU or THEM AT HOME. You don't have to be worrying about me. I can take care of myself. It's Elena you need to take care for." I shouted and left him there.

"Alohomora," I whispered and then watched the door swung opened. Damon reached a second after I arrived. The others looked at me at first but their eyes wondered to Damon. I sighed as I walked up the stairs and climbed to my bed.

When the clock strike 3am, I woke up and went to get ready. and got down to get breakfast to see the familiar faces. "Where are you going?" Caroline asked.

"Work , Caroline," I slurred and walked to the counter top and make a cereal. Alaric was sleeping at the couch in the living room. Matt was now here with Jeremy. They seems to be playing cards. Damon and Stefan stood at the kitchen door. Probably blocking it so I would not go out. They do know I can apparate right?

Better question was why the fuck are they all here? Don't they have their own life to ruin?

"It's 3:45 in the morning, Emma." Caroline argued. Damon laughed. Stefan hit him in the stomach to shut him up. Elena and Bonnie looked at me, their eyes showed as if I was caught and they were right.

"Er...I worked in London. my lovelies. Different timezone. I have to be at work at 9 am and right now it's already 8:45."

"Then work here, in America."

"No thank you. I'll pass. Men are much much more handsome and respectful," I replied as I looked at Damon. "Look we can talk whatever you thought you want to say when I am home. " I tried to compromised.

"No."elena disapproved.

"Elena... I...."I was going to answer her when Hermione called. I answered the call ,"Yes.. Hermione what is it? I was going to apparate,"

"Emma, Dementors are coming for you. I just detect about 10 in Mystic Falls." Hermione explained.

"What the fuck? are you sure about that? Oh my god! Thank goodness everyone is sleeping here." my voice were now raised. I walked towards the front door and opened it. I looked up at the sky to see more the 10 Dementors gliding in mid air. "Hermione, how the fuck are they here and why are they after me?"

"M.O.M's theory is Crookjean managed to release them."

"But but, how?! Hermione I need back up. There are more now." I looked up, getting nervous. Those Dementors better suck from the Mikaelsons.

"I can't. I am sorry. Gigabolt doesn't allow me. Please be safe. I will tell him you will be late." Then Hermione hung up on my call. I looked back at them who seems curious of what was happening.

I breathed. "Everyone MUST stay indoors. Locked this house tightly. Every windows. Please... trust me on this. Out there, there are about 20 dementors, a dark creature that will suck in souls of every living thing. Once it suck your soul, you will be an empty body. You are living but you are dead inside. You can do nothing. I can solve this by my own. There is nothing you can do about it. Not even you Bonnie. Your magic is not a match on this one . I am sorry. Just please.. im begging you all. Stay indoors. I will come back to tell all of you when it is safe. " I pleaded. I turned my attention to the demetors. With my wand in my hand, I got out of the house, closed the door and locked it with magic. I could already see all of the Dementors charging towards me. I thought the happiest thing in my mind before I screamed, "Expecto Petronum!!!" and watched an orb gushed out from the tip of my wand and formed into a ferocious lion. My lion roared and chased the dementors away which made butterflies to form in my tummy.

Just to make sure the town was clean from Dementors, I roamed around the town. When I'm sure the dementors were gone, my patronus which was a lion ran towards me and ran through my chest and evaporated. It did not hurt. All I felt was warm. A feeling which made me feel that I was being protected.

After about 30 minutes of looking around the town, finally I was sure it was save. I apparated home and told them it was gone. I sat down on the couch next to Alaric who was drinking coffee.

"I am guessing you are not going back to school?" he chuckled.

With my head rest back, I tilted my head to face him. I smiled and responded. "I can't cope. I will die if I continue working and schooling at the same time."

"Emma, I think I heard a lion just now. Loud and clear. Sounds like it's hunting its prey," Caroline spoke. Everyone stared at her.

"What lion?" Elena added.