The Chase

I cut the dwarves down from the tree sized stick and helped the others out from the sacks that they were individually put in. I saw Thorin stomp up to me and yell,

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING? WHERE WERE YOU?"

Calmly I answered,

"I was hunting, I had brought back nine rabbits but by that time, you and the others were gone and I realized that you were either kidnapped, or killed."

"Well, why didn't you do anything?"

"I did do something, I distracted them long enough for Gandalf to get here and remove the rock to turn them to stone." I said as Gandalf walked up to us.

"Good job distracting them until I got there" he said.

"No problem," I said. "Now to deal with the fact that these trolls haven't been down the mountain since the Dark Ages. Also that they could not travel while the sun is out."

"Hm. That is true but where there are trolls there is treasure." Gandalf said with both a dark and wise tone.

We started to look for the troll cave. The easiest way to find it would be to find the cave that smells the most in this area.

*******

We eventually find the troll cave and head inside. There we find mounds and mounds of treasure. I watch as some of the dwarves bury some of the gold and others just look around. I see Thorin looking at a bucket of old swords and in that bucket, he finds the Goblin Cleaver and Glamdring. He hands Glamdring to Gandalf. My eyes widen. I head over to them and take the Goblin Cleaver out of Thorin's hands.

"What do you think you are doing?" He states annoyed.

"I am simply inspecting an old blade that was made by distant relatives of my kin, the elves of Gondolin."

"What?" He takes the sword to put back into the barrel.

"You will not find a finer blade." Gandalf says sternly.

Thorin takes the blade again and unsheathes it. The blade glows under the light of the torch. It's tip still sharp.

We head out of the cave. Suddenly there is a rustling in the bushes. We get ready, huddling together. I unsheathe my sword, waiting for something to happen.

Out of the bushes comes Radagast the brown. I immediately go over to him, pushing through the group in order to get to him. I gave him a hug.

"Radagast," I exclaim. "How long has it been my old friend."

"Lindariel," he says, relieved. "I believe it has been about three years."

"It felt like eons."

"Radagast! Old friend." Gandalf says, pushing through the group, coming over to the two of us.

"Gandalf! Thank goodness I found you. I have something to tell you."

"Well, what is it?"

Radagast stops. He thinks for a moment before trying to speak again. He opens and closes his mouth.

"Oh!" He says, frustrated. "Confound it! I know it! What was it? I'm telling you it's on the tip of my tongue."

He stuck out his tongue to somehow prove his point.

"Oh. It seems it's not a thought at all but a lovely little stick bug."

Gandalf reaches in and pulls the stick bug out of Radagast's mouth. Radagast takes the stick bug and Gandalf goes with him to talk.