The Beginning of the Epilogue

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

"To let yourself go, to burn with desire and to never look back."

The bright lights of the territory of the Govern slowly melted behind them as they spend across the barren, dark desert. Rubble and dust was all that was left of it that you could see, but she wasn't focusing on that. She was staring at the city behind her. How she was leaving everything. How she was leaving her warm home, healthy food, and her planned love behind her....and instead, she was going away from all that she had ever known.

She had left the perfect person that she knew...no, she thought was for her. And for what?

As the wind whipped at them, a few moments of silence between them passed. Finally, he spoke. "I know it's hard...that you're leaving all you've ever known behind...but, that wasn't where you belong." She didn't answer, and instead looked down as the motorcycle continued to roar away with amazing speed.

"You belong in the world no one you've ever known has ever seen before." he said, trying his best to comfort her.

Suddenly, she snapped with anger. "What if I said I wanted to stay in the Govern?! What then?! They gave me everything you ever need, food, clothes, entertainment, and you're taking me to god knows where!" she yelled, clearly raged.

In the motorcycles mirror, he could be seen with a grim expression, but his eyes showed clear empathy and sadness for her.

"I know....I know it'll be hard. Leaving all you've ever known. Its like...telling someone that's been living underground all their life that theirs a thing called the sun, or showing someone that a person that they love is a fraud... Or...or.." he started to choke up.

"But this is only the beginning. You have to keep an open mind, or you'll get hurt. You'll be ridiculed and life will throw a surprise shot at you." The motorcycle hummed and bumped in agreement.

"You have to leave those comforts behind. If you stay in your safe zone for too long...enemies find your weaknesses." He looked back at the motorcycle's mirror, and she could see tears lining his eyes, but a strong, kind look in them too.

"I....I...." she started to say, but silenced.

He nodded, wiping his eyes with one of his loved hands while the other continued to steer the ever fast vehicles.

"Don't ever forget that you can slow down, out you have to leave those comforts behind for where you truly belong, okay, Aliet?"

"I won't."

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Now, this is where the real story begins. Are you still with me?

 Are you still with me?

┏━━━━┓

// Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed the intro/ending so far.//
// Comments, likes, ect are encouraged! //
// There is still a long way to go so be tuned in every week on tuesdays, every other fridays, and sometimes wednesdays. //
// Hope you enjoy! //

┗━━━━┛