Ch. 005

"This jet is so big," I say admiring it. It was huge from the outside but even larger on the inside.

"Well it's my favorite private jet," he says sitting down.

I turn around to face him. "You have favorites??"

A cocky smirk plays on his face as he reaches for something. "I have 5, although, this is my favorite and second largest."

"I wonder what your largest one must look like then."

"Maybe I can take you on it sometime."

"Sure, I say sitting down across from him.

"May I interest you in refreshments?" Says an elderly server.

"Um, a soda would be good," I say staring off into the window.

"A certain type?"

"Sprite," I sat turning my attention back to the server.

"And for you sir?"

"I'll take water," he says taking his jacket off.

"Sparking as usual sir?"

"Yes and thank you Nolan."

The server nods his bead and turns to leave.

"Are you nervous?" He asks staring at me.

"N-no," I say shaking my head.

"You're jittery," he says chuckling. "It's okay to be nervous."

"I haven't been on a plane since I was 10," I say putting my jacket over me. "Being so high off.."

He walks around and sits next to me. He squeezes my hand before finally letting it go.

"I heard being close to someone when scared helps," he says wrapping his hands around me.

"Thanks," I say. All at once the jet seems to do a turn and I end up in his arms. I clutch onto him and he doesn't let go.

"Sorry," I say pulling away. "I don't know what that was."

"That's the jet taking off, try to relax until your soda gets here, it only gets bumpier from here on out."

"I shouldn't have come," I say closing my eyes.
"Remind me why I came?" I ask feeling my heartbeat speeding up.

"Because of me," he says smirking.

__

I wake and see that he is still wide awake staring off into the clouds with his laptop in his lap.

"A penny for your thoughts," I say sitting down next to him. I take the blanket from where I sat at before I fell asleep and wrap it around myself.

"Sexual favors for my thoughts would be much better," he says facing me.

"Are you always this perverted?" I ask punching his arm.

"Usually," he says smiling. "I was thinking of what I would do once I get back."

"With?"

"With the business. Don't get me wrong, you guys are great workers but I know that you can do even better," he says taking a sip of his water.

"How can we do even better?" I ask.

"That's what I'm thinking about."

"This is just a suggestion," I say opening up another pop. "But what if we were all placed off into teams?"

"What would that do?"

"Well everyone is so use to doing their own thing, if we had teams we could work on our projects together and if we had a team leader than that would be our spokesman for our team to purpose new ideas to you, does that make sense?"

He nods his head. "So a more efficient way to get work done and critiqued by others as well before me?"

"Yes."

"I like it," he says putting his cup water down. "But how do you think the teams should be assigned?"

"Well by skill. Find four or five people that are all good at different subjects and center a small team around them with people that excel in that as well. So for example, Ivan is really good at layout, if he was made team leader and had a team consisting of Jordan, Silas, Karin, Deb, and Rosa, who are all good at layout, the layout of any idea would be damn near perfect."

"Okay then Ms. Jenkins, I leave this all to you," he says pulling out his phone.

"What?? I can't take on a roll like this, isn't it for someone up top like maybe Russell?"

"I believe you can do it," he says unlocking his phone. That causes me to smile. He believes in me.

"Have an idea ready for me first thing tomorrow morning if you can."

"Okay," I say nodding. "Boss."

He looks up from his phone and smiles, flashing a pair of perfect, white teeth.

"We should be landing soon," says a voice over the intercom. "Pleas make sure you are wearing your seat belts."

"Oh god," I say chugging down the soda.

"You really are something, Katelyn Jenkins," he says staring at me for what seems like forever.

"Something good?" I ask mouthful of soda.

"Good," he says smiling. "Very good."