epilogue

Epilogue: 14 Years Later

Seohyun tottered on the step of her small country house. She reached out and grabbed the banister to regain her balance, waiting for the world to realign itself.

Goodness gracious. I must be in a bad state if I feel like this after Disapparating.

Seohyun stretched once it no longer felt as though the world was spinning. She took a moment to admire the rolling hills that were the backdrop to her home: the open spaces, the lush green grass. In spring, wildflowers bloomed freely, a beautiful splash of colour. She'd drawn these landscapes and its flowers so many times, for the land never failed to captivate her with its beauty.

Seohyun took in the peace for several moments, mostly to steel herself for the chaos she knew was awaiting her inside. She prayed that her children were too busy packing to get in her hair that day. She was nursing a slight headache as a result from work that day.

Bracing herself, Seohyun opened the door and stepped into the quaint stone entrance hall of her home.

"I'm home!" she called.

Immediately, noise assaulted her ears.

"Mum!" Her ten-year-old daughter's raised voice was the first sound to attack her eardrums. "Scorp stole my iPod!"

She could just imagine Scorpius pouting as his sister screamed her accusations. "Sunhi stole my books first!" he protested.

Seohyun groaned and pinched the bridge of her nose.

Not even a hello.

"Both of you, return the other's property! We're leaving for Korea tomorrow, I need you packed and organised by tonight!"

The two groaned, but Seohyun knew they would comply. She laughed to herself, fondness for her children encompassing her like warmth from the fireplace.

There had been some argument with Draco over what to name the twins before they had been born. Seohyun wanted a Korean name, while Draco wanted to continue his family tradition of naming children after stars. "Not because of my family," he'd said, "But because the stars remind me of you."

Seohyun had blushed furiously at that.

Eventually, they settled on a decision: their first child would be given a Korean name, their second one a star name. It had settled rather quickly when they realised they were having twins.

Seohyun smiled fondly as she recalled holding her children in her arms for the first time, knowing that she and Draco would raise them well, to appreciate both halves of their heritage.

And speak of the devil...

"Are you capable of maintaining order in this household, Draco?" Seohyun demanded her husband, placing both hands on her hips and mock scowling at him.

Draco chuckled lowly in his throat and took her into his arms. "You're the one they're scared of."

Seohyun chuckled – though the smile soon melted off her face when Exo's Lucky One blasted through the house.

"Sunhi!" Seohun bellowed, because only her daughter would blast kpop that loud. "Turn that down!"

"But Mum! It's my favourite song!"

"And it's only making my headache worse! Work was stressful today!"

The music turned down. Seohyn sighed. Normally, she didn't mind her daughter playing her music so loud. Living in England, her children had very limited opportunities to be connected to their Korean heritage. She'd done all she could: she'd taught them how to write and speak in their native language; she cooked Korean food every second night, she taught them Korean history and ensured they observed all of the traditional Korean holidays and followed some Korean traditions. She didn't allow shoes to be worn in the house, for example. At every possible opportunity she took her children to visit Korea for an extended period of time, the minimum being a month.