Chapter 1

Chapter one:

Gwens POV

Screaming. Headlights. Nothing,

Surrounded by darkness as I jolt up right into a sitting position. In. out. In. Out. I repeat this breathing exercise over and over again for ten minutes while telling myself that it was just a nightmare. But in reality, a Memory. Checking the time, I have two hours until I leave for school. Most people would go back to sleep but Im one of those people who cant go back to sleep after being awoken.

Getting up I go get in the shower, taking my time. Coming out I do my normal routine. Picking out my outfit I just did my usual Bad Ass look, as I am Queen of the school. My outfit consists of a black cropped hoodie, jean shorts, and Black high-top Converse. Last but not least, Perfume. Ahh I love the smell of perfume.

Walking downstairs I grab an apple to eat for breakfast. After eating, I start to head out to school, well Hell I prefer. As I get to school. I see my friend group. Now I dont know how this came to be. But let me just tell you, my group of friends are not Preps, well Im not either, but I have no idea how we are the Popular ones at all. We are popular because we do sports, we can sing, and we can do a lot of things but one thing we are not is Preppy. Preps are afraid to get dirt on themselves while we can go jump in a mud puddle if someone dared us to. We are not peppy.

Going to first hour was a real pain because people are dumb and want to stand in the middle of the hallway and talk, but when they saw that It was me they parted way because people are dumb and want to stand in the middle of the hallway and talk, but when they saw that It was me they parted way, making a path for me to go through while greeting me some asking how my morning was. See people here are nice and all but they sure can be dumb, like really.

Going to Math class, I sit in my normal set, 2nd row by the door, while Danny came and sat behind me. Danny *sighs*. Ive liked him for a while now but no one really knows that except my close friends. Hes kind of a hick, lol, but I like him the way he is and I dont want him to change for anyone. If only he saw that I liked him and that I cared for him. But he wouldnt ever notice. Plus, he just broke up with his slutty Ex, Ashley, last week so he probably wont want me- at least for now. Dont want my love to go to waste. if he wont love me the way as I do for him.

As class roles by, I take notice to Zach, AKA schools Bad Boy, staring at me in the hallway. We make eye contact and we just stare at each other for a minute before one of us looks away. I was never the one to back down from a staring competition, even though that wasnt a competition. As soon as he looks away I keep strolling to my truck, a blue four-door Ford. I look around for my group but I dont see them anywhere. oh well I thought, they wont be getting a ride home today.

Driving home was extremely quiet for once. But I liked it for a change. As I pull into the driveway I notice Moms home early from work. She mustve just gotten back from her trip to Tennessee, her works travels sometimes. Walking in I hear her singing in the kitchen, I chuckle and shake my head.

"Mom Im home!"

"Hey honey. How was school?" She asked.

"The usual, Boring." I shrug.

She Laughs, "Ok, go clean up so you can help me get dinner ready. Were having guests over tonight."

I groan, but never the less I trudge upstairs into my room to get ready. I take a quick shower, and dry my hair as fast as I could. I get out clothes to wear, a Kelvin Klein sweater with some black leggings, my hair I put into curls so now its shoulder length. I put on a little mascara but not a lot because I am not a big fan of makeup. I also pull on some blue fuzzy socks that come up to the middle of my calves. One last look in the mirror, feeling satisfied with how I look I head back down to prepare Dinner.

Right before we finish making all the food, I heard the front door opening and closing.

"Girls Im home!" He shouts.

Me and Mom look at each other and grin. We run out of the kitchen and jump on him giggling and laughing, while he groans from getting the wind knocked out of him from our weight. We help him up still laughing and go back in the kitchen to finish cooking the food. As Dad is getting ready the doorbell rings. Walking to go get it, I open it up to find my Moms Boss and her Family. But who I didnt expect is their son being Zach Stiles. I usher them in so they dont have to stand outside any longer than what they probably have been.

Lily, my Moms Boss, pulls me into a hug. "Oh! You must be Gwen. Its SO nice to meet you, your mom talks about you a lot to everyone and Ive been waiting to finally meet you!" She gushes.

I can feel my cheeks heat up a little, from embarrassment. I greet her back, and tell them that Dinner is almost ready and that they can sit where ever they want to as we have a huge living room. This is going to be a long night, I think to myself. As dinner is being served we move into the dining room and take our seats. Eating dinner was mostly filled with questions being thrown around the table along with some good laughs here and there.

Eating dinner was mostly filled with questions being thrown around the table along with some good laughs here and there.

As they are heading out they say their thanks, while we returned it with welcoming them back anytime. Once theyre finally gone, I help clean up, and head off to bed.

What do you guys think so far? It's my first story, so tell me how It is

-JD