13| Missing & Kissing

Author's Note: Prepare for nonstop Rierra/Soss?(Idek)
Ross's POV:

I parked at the closest bar near me, sprinting down the asphalt ribbon before me. It was a skeleton, stripped of cars and people. The stars gave no tear of light and I seemed to forget they even were there. The night's wind wafted at my face, but it didn't bother me because it helped air travel into my lungs while my heart beat streaked inside me. The quiet still of night pricked at my skin as I took comfort in a flickering lamp post up ahead. I slowed into a walk, taking a chance to breathe a little as trees creaked as their limbs cried in the wind. Paper whistled behind me as I reached the bar. A figure had moved so slightly I would have believed it was just a lonely shadow. And it was.

"Sierra! I can't believe you would do this knowing how much is at stake," I walked quicker until I saw under the illuminated passing of the street light and stopped dead in my tracks. "Sierra?" She was hunched over and held her knees tightly, her head rested between their crook.

"Don't yell. My head hurts." She whined, then turned her delicate face to me. Her whole face had turned into a frown as her eyelids drooped to meet mine. Her eyes were frozen ice, polar caps of distress and melancholy. How could I yell at her now?

Then I heard the worst sound anyone has ever heard, it was the crack in her voice before the tears. "I'm so sorry," she whispered and if anyone else was around to listen they would deny she even made a sound. Somehow when she was like this I forgot how her fiery breath could burn me to a crisp.

I slumped down beside her in the dirty street, the dumpster reeked of week old trash, and she strongly smelled of alcohol. As the delicate yellowed light fanned her porcelain skin, she looked like the fall leaves and desert rain and remained beautiful even when she fell down.

"It's like you never know how bad you're hurting until you try to recover," her eyes glossed over, but not a tear roamed. She wasn't crying with tears at all, she sobbing with thoughts. I knew waves of sorrow flushed through her brain and were drowning her.

It was in that moment I knew I would break my heart just to save hers.

She rested her fleshy wrist on my knee a small flower tattoo seemed to grow up her skin. "My mom. Her name was Rose, so it's a rose. Cheesy, I know. She used to tell me this saying when I got into a fight with a friend or stubbed my toe. Stupid stuff like that. She said 'Flowers will continue to grow no matter how much they're stepped on.'" She placed her head on my shoulder and I could feel her breathe. I took careful consideration to remember her small movements that you never notice in a person. She was a colorblind rainbow, she seemed to see the beauty in all but herself.

"What is dead may never die," she sighed as if she hadn't spoken such poetry. Was she talking about her mother? My father? Me.

The light was satin on her velvet skin and lightened her midnight river that caressed its way down her neck. I picked up her chin from my shoulder, her warmth transferring to my fingers. Her mouth drew open slightly in surprise and I swore she had stolen all the stars in the sky behind her soft cushions. Her lips reflected gently with moisture like a calm pond that was detached from her body. They beckoned to me to simply taste all that she is. She was haunting and I knew my mind would continue to be on her in the late hours of the night because it still hadn't moved for days.

"I'm sorry my eyes are like my father's, but if I had any other eyes of blue or green or anything other than the eyes I wear today, I would have never seen the world with you in it."

Her eyes were framed by her dark lashes that were a gateway to the celestial blue she carried. They were a shade that shouldn't exist on any mortal, yet she defied all rules and let them gleam effortlessly as I shifted closer. They flashed towards me, and I knew I wanted to drench myself in their pouring rain. I felt an undeniable blue ache in my muscles, but she washed each whisper of the ocean over me. Then they burned a desirable forest of blue flames and shut closed as she leaned up in blurred slow motion, as if she was a dream her warm, oozing mouth exchanged secrets with mine.

I had never been more aware of her or of anything I'd ever known my entire life. The disgusting, empty street faded out allowing the weak streetlight to become our spotlight. She tasted of alcohol, but I couldn't describe my desire for more any other way.

She reached up for my neck and held on as if she would fall to her death without the support. She gave in the tenderness she had been avoiding. My heart was beating so barbarically I could only sip the cool air sparingly. My hands slipped down to the curve of her waist to pull her body farther into mine and pinned our shadows beneath us. Electricity crackled in the night air as we drank each other in.

Time had ebbed away and neither of us noticed the sudden rain that melted into our skin like fresh tears. It only moved us more as we created a heat of our own in a sultry moment that just wouldn't wait any longer and brought our intensity to unseen heights. The droplets beaded in our hair and water soaked us to chill our skin, but in a mutual need and in teenage rebellion against nature we let the torrent continue.

Sierra's wetly draped hair had become one with her face, but intoxicated by her touch I thumbed it away against her still warm skin. I kissed the droplets from her lips as if it was the only water left on Earth. They tasted divine, washing away all the pain we'd been through and the doubt that was to come. The rain hammered down in attempt to beat the whole city to the ground, but we refused to be torn down. We were alone just blots of color, but together a wet painting streaking across the canvas.

I knew water was already puddling around us as the chilled wind embraced us which only reminded me of her more. I pushed my lips more firmly on her and listened to the small riot of concentric ripples around our bodies. The wetness of our clothes just didn't matter because we were kissing each other as if we had no choice. There was no finer taste than that, than her.

Our faces dripped aimlessly as I ran my fingers gently through her sodden hair. When we finally pulled back her eyes remained an untouchable fantasy and I wondered if this moment would too wash down the drain, but it was indelible, it had to be. She sank into my arms and hung her fingers against my neck, then buried her face into my shoulder curve. This moment was ours alone and after a while the rain against the pavement sounded more like a well deserved applause.

She was to be the death of me. She was my atomic bomb.

Author's Note: Quite a chapter am I right? Had to write a rain kissing scene, I just had to.

Does anyone have a quote, sentence, or line you liked from this chapter? (Or any of the chapters)
Comment below if you do!