The smirk was still on his face and he smooths out his messy black hair.

"The name's Jayden," He says. "I'm a pureblood."

"Are you-" I went to ask but he shushed me.

"You ask a lot of questions, don't you?"

"Well I don't want to attack the wrong person now do I?" I can't help but blurt out. My wolf was prepared to attack if he attacked. I mean, I just can't get bitten by a vampire on my first day! Even though purebloods were rare and stronger than werewolves, I wouldn't go down without a fight.

He chuckles, his cold blue eyes pierced through mine. "And you think you would win?"

"Probably not," I admit. "But it's worth the shot."

"You have a lot of guts for Ryder's girl." He steps closer and I plan on making a run for it.

"Who are you to him?" My feet were shifting to the right where I would escape. My anxiety was telling me to run right now, to get away from the dangerous vampire in front of me.

But I stayed put. I was interested in this conversation.

"There you go again with the questions," He tuts and shakes his head. "I'm just a friend."

"Just?" I asked, looking at him uncertainly.

"Just a friend," He says. "Now do you want me to open the door for you or not?"

"I-uh," I sputtered, surprised with his offer. "Yeah, sure."

He chuckled and gets out a key from his pocket. I stepped away from the door and he unlocks it.

"Why do you have his key?"

"He forgets it most of the time so he usually comes after me cause I have a spare."

So they were actually friends. Right, Ryder mentioned this morning that he had a friend who was a pureblood.

"So are you that guy who's hosting the party tonight?" I asked.

"No, that would be Ryder's other friend, Caleb," He spits out his name with disgust.

"What's wrong with Caleb?" I ask, wondering how many purebloods there are in this city. We had none back in my old city. Well, this was Los Angeles after all. It's a lot bigger than my city.

"I heard my name," A voice randomly came out. I was startled again by the sudden appearance.

Jayden spun around and immediately glares at the guy with the blonde hair. He just suddenly appeared!

"Caleb," Jayden spits out and swings Ryder's door open.

"Jay," Caleb says with a smirk on his face. His green orbs swayed to me next. "And this must be Grace. Ryder's scent is all over you."

I drew to the conclusion that Ryder must have told Caleb my name.

"Do all purebloods have good noses?" I ask.

"Of course we do," Caleb replies. "That's why we find garlic horrible."

"So the myths are true then," I muttered to myself.

"Yeah they are," He chuckles. "We can ignore it though. It's just we find garlic repulsive."

"What are you even doing here?" Jayden asks Caleb and ignores our small talk.

"Victoria is looking for you," Caleb glances at Jayden with disdain. "I don't know why though. I mean, she obviously likes me better."

Jayden's eyes grow dark, something that creeped me out yet fascinated me. I mean, it went from light blue to a dark blue instantly.