Pokémon Adventure

Premise: Darkrai is bae.

A/N: to be expanded and turned into the prologue for my Pokémon fanfic.

I was training my eevee when I randomly decided that she maybe needed eevolved...? She'd be stronger and I wouldn't need to have her to the Pokémon Centre every other weekend because the poor thing fell into yet another stream, causing her to catch a cold...

Yes... I could eevolve her into Vaporeon, but I like dark types more and Umbreon is simply adorable!

I managed to obtain a moonstone from Estuko, whom had already eevolved her many eevees. She actually had done at least three of every eevolution, though she'd done exactly twelve Umbreons. More or less, I kinda knew what I was doing.

Or at least, that's what I thought...

Basically what I did was hold up the stone and screamed at the top of my lungs for her to eevolve, and none too surprisingly nothing happened. To help jog my memory, I walked around the small field behind my house and concentrated on what Estuko said. Nothing really came to mind, except how much she adored her horde of espurrs. Disappointed in myself, I tossed the shard over my shoulder and heaved a sigh as I made my way back to my little house. Behind me, eevee was noisily playing with the discarded stone -- chewing on it, I think.

But then a sudden burst of light erupted behind me and I quickly turned around to make sure that I hadn't somehow blown up my pokémon.

When my whirling around came to an end, I saw Umbreon standing there and looking majestic af.

Oh well, that's that. Mission accomplished. A++ for me.

Estuko and I trained our Umbreons together, as she hadn't returned one quite yet to his trainer due to him being in a different region at the moment. Though mine had eevolved, I noticed that she looked rather ill.

Probably because of the botched eevolution... crap....

Hurrying, we raced off to the nearest Pokémon Centre.

Nurse Joy noticed us immediately, grabbing my fragile buddy and running off with her before I could explain the makeshift eevolution of last nyght. Etsuko reminded me to trust her, so I tried to calm down and wait though it felt like forever until Nurse Joy returned. Sadly, she came back to us without my Umbreon.

"She's very weak, I suspect that she might've been malnourished by her parents after she hatched or the professor in charge of her before you became her trainer didn't treat her well. Umbreon will recover, don't worry, but she won't be able to do any battles. Her body isn't able to handle it."

"Can we see her?" I asked, not really caring if she couldn't battle.

She's okay. That's all that matters. I'll just become a pacifist or something.

Nurse Joy took us back to a small room and my heart damn near broke to see my precious baby laying there, nearly still as a statue.

Cue the tears.

"I'll give you a moment alone with her, but keep it short. She needs her rest," Nurse Joy took Estuko and left.

I laid next to Umbreon, crying softly as she whimpered and licked my moist cheek.

"It's okay, you'll be fine. You'll be better than fine, you'll be perfect! But first, you need some sleep. When you're back home, I'll spoil you rotten. You'll be like a cavity," I kissed her nose.

That seemed to calm her down a bit, but she refused to let me stand. Unable to leave, I wrapped my arms around Umbreon and settled in for the nyght.

Estuko barged in what seemed seconds later, scared and giddy at the same time. Realising that it was now morning, I attempted to calm her down while gesturing towards my bedmate. Untangling myself from my sleeping little love, we made it to the lobby before Estuko started screaming at me in gibberish again.

"Repeat that much more slowly and in Japanese," I held onto her shoulders, staring into her brown eyes.

"DARKRAI!"

I rolled my blue eyes at her now, preparing myself for the latest and untrue gossip about my dream pokémon.

"What about him?" I asked.

"YOUR BACKYARD!"

"Eh? You're speaking Japanese, but I'm not understanding you."

"HE IS IN YOUR BACKYARD!!!!"

"Oh really, what's he doing? Picking a flower? Is he making himself a little flower crown and calling himself King of the Fairy Type? Besides, you need to pipe down because Umbreon is sti-"

"Actually, he is. The first part, at least."

What on Earth is she smoking? It's not kid friendly. She's eighteen, though... but still, drugs are bad an-

"STOP DRAGGING ME!" I cut off my own mental rant.

"No."

Giving up, I let her drag me to my own house and into my backyard where no pokémon could be found. With a sigh, I turned to Etsuko and arched a brow.

"He was here! I swear it!"

"Nurse Joy should take a look at you. I think that you might've trained too hard."

"Michiko-chan!"

"Etsuko-chan, come inside and have something to drink. Have some water," I forced her into my kitchen.

She took a seat at my table and I poured her a glass of sink water. Handing it over to my orange haired friend, I sighed and sat down across from her. Glaring at her until she took the tiniest of sips, I ran my fingers through my red hair and berated myself for actually hoping that a legendary pokémon would just randomly drop by my house. Because that's totally something that would just happen, and to me of all people. Like my luck is so super awesome.

Yeah right. I was an idiot. Etsuko probably just saw a-

"DARKRAI?!?!" Estuko didn't even lower her cup, splaying me with the water that had just been in he mouth.

With her eyes that wide, I just had to take a look.

Turning around, I nearly fainted.

"HOLY SHIT, IT'S DARKRAI!!!"

*cue the fainting*