"Oh no this is Tina Goldstein one of my friends, but not my traveling companion." Gwen chuckled.

"Well I'll say Miss Presley, I'll miss you." Officer Payne said, "It's been quite the adventure."

"Adventure?" Gwen chuckled nervously.

Tina gripped her pocket for her wand, "What do you remember?" she asked.

Officer Payne, "Um when my plumbing exploded last night, I tried fixing it, but I forgot how."

Tina relaxed and pulled her hand away from her wand, "Oh."

Gwen laughed, "Good day to you Officer Payne."

Gwen walked away from security with Tina and waited by the boat. "Geez, what is taking him so long?" as soon as she said that there was stumbling and suddenly Newt was right in front of her.

Slapping him on the back Gwen said, "Welcome back, thought you might've gotten lost."

"No, no just had trouble with getting through security, they wanted to see the case." Newt said out of breath.

"You think you can survive the whole trip with him?" Tina leaned in toward Gwen.

"Oh, I'll manage." Gwen smirked in Newt's direction.

"You know I can hear you." Newt stated unenthused as the banter the two women continued.

"Oh Newt I just wanted to thank you. If you hadn't said anything to Madam Picquery I wouldn't be back on the Investigative team," Tina said smiling gratefully.

"You deserve it." Newt said, "Plus I'm sure you would've found a way back on by yourself somehow."

Tina blushed at that comment, "Anyway thanks, it was so nice running into both of you." Newt stood awkwardly rubbing the back of neck. "Oh and stay out of trouble, both of you."

"Don't worry about me." Gwen said, but pointed a finger at Newt, "Tell that to him again though."

"Oh no, no more trouble for me," Newt started, "I'm going to head back to the ministry and deliver my manuscript."

"I'll look out for it," Tina noted, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them."

"Not bad," Gwen said turning to her friend, "Make a note Newt, that's a good title."

Ignoring Gwen's comment Newt continued, "I'll send you a copy." He brushed Tina's hair behind her ear before picking up his case and quickly ran off.

"huh?" Tina whispered with a confused expression.

"Just wait." Gwen laughed.

In a matter of seconds Newt came scurrying back toward Gwen and Tina, "Forget something?" Gwen teased him.

Newt looked right into Tina's eyes, "I could always come back and personally deliver a copy, if you'd like that?"

Tina's eyes lit up, "Yes of course. I'd like that very much."

Gwen smiled, "So for now it's until we meet again." Nodding in Tina's direction Gwen walked toward the ramp of the boat and waited for Newt to follow.

Newt reached Gwen, "Ready?" he questioned.

"Ready." Gwen said with her head held high as she let Newt take her arm.

An owl screeched in the night, an eagle owl to be precise, flew towards the boat. From where Gwen stood she noticed the owl had a note attached to its leg. Gwen stood at the Pier of the boat and waited as the eagle owl landed on the guard railing.

"Shhs," she calmed the owl, "Now what do you have?"

The eagle owl bit her finger as Gwen fumbled with untying the note. The Owl continued nipping at Gwen's hand until she gave the owl its reward for delivering the note. Opening the note Gwen stood aghast as her hands began to shake before rolling the note back up.

Leaning against the raining the salty air blew through Gwen's hair as she stared at the vast ocean with the note hanging from her hand. The cool night air hit her skin relieving her anxiety of the trip. A hand was placed on her shoulder causing Gwen to jump and turn to see Newt standing beside her. His hand reassured her that she had made the right choice and it was only as the wind blew toward Newt was when Gwen noticed the yellow and black scarf around Newt's neck.

"You still have that scarf?" Gwen questioned, "After all those years."

"Of course, it means a lot to me," Newt said, "Is that wrong?"

Gwen smiled, "No, it's not. It's sweet."

Noticing the note in Gwen's hand he asked, "What's that?"

Gwen grimaced, but reluctantly handed the note over to Newt. Newt unrolled the note and skimmed the text; frowning as he continued.

My Dearest Newt,

I hope you are well.

It's been too long.

We need to talk.

Soon.

For the next few years I'll be living in France, I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me.

With Love,

Leta Lestrange

P.S. Bring Gwendolyn, we all need to talk face to face

The two friends stood in silence for a while taking in the ocean view as Newt comprehended the note. The only sound was the waves crashing on the side of the boat, but it was broken when Gwen asked, "What are you going to do?" Newt sighed furrowing his eyebrows and crumpled the paper and tossed it into the ocean.

"Newt!" Gwen said wide eyed, "That's littering."

"It'll decompose." Newt said haughtily, "The nerve!"

"Will you-"

"No, will you?" Newt eyed Gwen.

Gwen sighed, "No, no absolutely not you know that." Her face softened, "But together we'll conquer our pasts."

Newt met her gaze nodding, "Together."