Nifflers, Erumpents and Dragons Oh My! Part 2

Reaching the scene in the Central Park Zoo Gwen found Newt standing before the Erumpent. Mr. Kowalski managed to catch up with Gwen and stood in disbelief as he took in the creature before him.

"She's in season," Newt stated carefully pulling a small bottle of Erumpent musk out of his pocket and put it on his wrists, "She's mad for this smell." He explained handing the bottle to Mr. Kowalski who took a whiff and scrunched up his noise.

"Ewe, it smells awful," he said, "how can anything be attracted to this."

"I agree," Gwen nodded squeezing her nose, "Seriously Newt isn't there a different way. I could just herd her into the case-"

"No, she won't listen," Newt cut her off, "Unless you want to try and seduce her," he said pointing to the Erumpent.

The Erumpent was nudging a male hippo who had pushed himself into a corner as the larger female kept nudging him. Gwen frowned wide eyed, "Nope she's all yours, I deal with the male animals you can deal with this." She backed off.

"What's he going to do?" Mr. Kowalski asked.

"Just watch." Gwen whispered, "And bottle that thing up. It reeks!" she nodded toward the Erumpent musk in Mr. Kowalski's hand. Mr. Kowalski quickly put the top on it as he noticed Mr. Scamander place the suitcase in between himself and the Erumpent.

Newt stepped back from the open suitcase and made sure to pull up his sleeves. Taking a deep breath Newt let out of series of roars and snorts that grabbed the Erumpent's attention as he stomped his right leg forward. Turning away from the hippo she looked at Newt as he made a snake shape in the snow. Suddenly whipping around so his back was facing the Erumpent he bent over making another roaring call.

"Oh dear," Gwen muttered as she blushed for her friend's sake.

"I've done many embarrassing things, but that is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen." Mr. Kowalski said to Gwen.

Which was an even bigger shocker being that the crazy dance was working as Newt turned around to face the Erumpent and somersaulted over. Imitating Newt, the Erumpent rolled over on to its side then it's back letting out a call that reminded Gwen of a whale.

"There we go, come on into the case," Newt encouraged softly.

The Erumpent paused as it called out again with its legs waving up in the air. Suddenly there was a crashing sound as a seal nudged into Mr. Kowalski causing the bottle of Erumpent musk to break and spill all over him.

"Oh, no." Gwen said.

Mr. Kowalski looked at her then at the Erumpent; she had paused mid roll as the smell reached her nose, breathing in heavily she rolled back to her feet eying Mr. Kowalski.

"If you value your life, I'd run," Gwen pushed Mr. Kowalski in the opposite direction of the emotional driven animal.

"So close," Newt muttered as he to watched the Erumpent bolt after Mr. Kowalski's screaming form and right through a frozen pond and breaking through the Zoo's brick wall.

Gwen made eye contact with Newt, finally making up her mind. She flung off her winter coat and allowed her body to crunch and contort into its natural dragon form. Opening her wings, she took off after the Erumpent and Mr. Kowalski's fleeing form.

Newt looked frantically around before grabbing his suitcase, whipping out his wand he was about to repair the zoo when a monkey snatched his wand from him.