31: Survival of the Fittest

Start from the beginning

"This floor is freezing!" I commented, the chill shocked my feet, ran up my legs through my whole body.

"Can you please try to stand up straight? If it hurts at all then we cannot let you leave I am sorry." I nodded. Oscar was my motivation to do this. I straightened my back feeling pressure where my skin was stretching but surprisingly there was no pain.

"Wow, I feel fine." Giggled in shock.

Daff and the nurses let my hands go to let me stand on my own. But I began to lose my balance.

"Hey hey hey!" Daff called. I fell over in his direction but he brought me back stable to my feet. Relief crossed all of our faces. He continued to take my arm and guide me down the hall to Oscar's room.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me, he was very concerned about my wellbeing which I loved. I felt like I had a father who actually cared for me.

"I feel fine, seriously it's great."

"Would you like to try walking in on your own?" Daff suggested before opening the door.

I nodded just as he left my side and opened the door.

Oscar was sitting cross legged in his bed telling the boys a story in Swedish. They were all sitting around him on his bed captivated by his words as I entered.

"Hey guys." I tried to speak up but they were so consumed in Oscar's story they didn't even notice me enter.

Oscar did though, His eyes lit up the second I turned the corner to face him.

"Hey my Love! How are you?"

"Hi Alisha!"

"Oh my goodness you are already awake!"

Felix and OG grew intense smiles on their faces and rushed over to greet me. They all ran at full force.

"Guys wait-" They ignored my efforts to slow them down and continued approaching me with excitement like young puppies with no self-control.

"Oi oi oi!! STOP!" Omar warned. He rushed in front of them and held his hands and legs straight out in a strong protective stance.

Felix stopped dead in his tracks while OG stumbled over a bit but saved himself from crashing into my weak body by the shield of Omar's body.

"You guys can't rush her like this! She is so fragile right now!" Omar scolded the boys. He turned around calmly to take my arm to support me and walk me into the room to sit in a chair beside Oscar's bed.

"Nah! You guys are pretty much as good as new we can take you out!" OG laughed.

"I don't think I am quite there yet bro." I pulled up my hospital gown to show them my stomach.

"Oh." OG's face became serious; he was trying to hide his disgust which I found amusing to see his face change. "I guess we got a while then."

"Don't feel bad! It doesn't even hurt anymore. I glanced over to Oscar, his face filled with horror.

I didn't even realize it but Katia was also in the room, she sat in a chair in the corner avoiding me. I saw Oscar give her the death glare.

"Oscar, it's ok. Really." But he continued glaring at her until she stormed out of the room.

"I can't stand what she did to you!" He expressed.

"Or you could ignore her and be happy that I am alive. I have Omar to thank for that."

"Yea." Felix commented with his arms crossed. "Without him Kat would have been charged with murder."

The room went quiet, we all realized the seriousness of what happened.