Chapter 18

Lily’s POV

Love; It was an elusive phantom, haunting the hollow corridors of hope, constantly twisting out of reach at every turn.

Our love was a dagger dipped in dream shade- a hopeless end.

It’s tragic really. To only catch fleeting glimpses of what it could offer.

**********************

All I see is red. I'm ready to meet my end and take Pan straight to hell with me. I'm so consumed with darkness that plunging the knife in him seemed like second nature. It wasn't til I let go of the knife that reality sunk into my bones and I was aware of what I just did. I stabbed him.

Pan retreated a couple steps back with the knife still in his stomach. He gives me a sadistic smile as he slowly pulls the bloody knife from his body.

He opens his shirt and I see before my every eyes his wound close up and heal.

“Naughty girl,” he snickers at me. “I think I like the way this looks in you much better than in me,” referring to the knife. 

He begins to advance on me when he abruptly falls forward. He’s lying in the dirt unconscious with Bae standing over him with a log in his hands. He throws the log away like it’s a snake and looks at me panicked.

“What did I do? I’m so dead. He’s going to kill me next!”

I push myself up off the dirt and I grab his hand, darting into the woods. 

“Come on Bae we are getting out of here.” I’m practically dragging him behind me.

“Where!?” he yells at me frantically.

“We are leaving Neverland. I won’t have anymore people die because of me.” My mind is set. I can’t be here any longer. Peter claims he loves me, but I know that if I don’t leave he will eventually lose it and be the death of me. My love wasn’t enough. I can’t save him and I couldn’t save Sawyer. I don’t even care if I save myself but I will not let Bae die. Getting him off this island is my one priority.

“We can’t leave! No one can leave without Pan’s permission. No one has every escaped Neverland.” He lets go of my hand and drops to his knees in sobs.

“I don’t need his permission. I have something that can get us out of here.” This better work. It has too. 

“Wa-What?” he whimpers between sobs.

“A magic lamp. I have 2 wishes left. I’m using one to get us the hell out of here.” I'm pretty much praying at this point that these wishes can get past the invisible barrier of Pan's "permission."

I can see hope gleam in his watered eyes. I grab his hand to get him to his feet.