Chapter 3 : Parelthon Hunter

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, I bumped against a bulky man walking past me. He spilled a cup of hot boiling fluid to the ground, hissing in pain as the fluid lingered on one of his fingers.

"Ouch! My apologies..." he said as he turned to me.

"No, it was my fault... I-I was just ... are you Captain Rendevel?"

"Yes, perhaps you're... Lydia?"

"I am. Have we met before? The Oracle told me to-" He walked to me and gave me a hug. It seemed like he's known me before.

"So, is there something bothering you these days-"

"-nothing at all. I was just..."

"Something tells me that there is something that has been bothering you, please loosen yourself and speak comfortably."

Well, that was nice of him to soothe my pressure. "I was attacked by this stranger, he wore a black hood and he also wore a metallic mask. I am a Parelthon Visioner, only a Parelthon Hunter could do such deed."

"The only Parelthon Hunter who had existed for the last two decades was your uncle. Unfortunately, he passed away 15 years ago."

"You have to get to the Queen, and she is the only one who can hear of this matter. Don't trust anyone else!" He whispered.

He gave me as sort of digital map and asked me to put my hand on top of it.

Suddenly, a barcode bracelet appeared and it produced a hologram with a sort of map that would lead me to the Oracle's palace.
"Thank you!" I shouted as I ran through the door. I swept pass the people surrounding me, running and bumping to some of them as I headed for the gate.

The vessel landed in Phobos, which was my . . .

***

In fifteen minutes, I could see a glimpse of the palace's gateway. I was too tired to run, so I pressed a button from the hologram and a hoverboard floated across me.

"That's what I'm talking about...Woah!" I cheered as the hoverboard sped off towards the palace.

When I reached the gate, I came across the waiting Guard. He tapped his legs against the ground, crossed his arms, and stared at me creepily.

"You're late!"

"Sorry..."

"The Queen is waiting for you. Right this way." He said, motioning me to follow him.

The Queen warmly welcomed me. I bowed quietly as I looked at her.

"Let's get straight into business. What's wrong? " She asked in a zealous tone.

"I thought you were supposed to know everything, Your Highness."

She crept closer and spoke.

"You're definitely one nimble girl my dear. These days, the Galaxy Cops have been bothered by a mysterious wanted criminal who is capable of teleportation, Parelthonian Hunting, and flight powers. Those powers are only possesed by a Martian Spechulanion. A rare sub-species bred by a Martian and a Tricopediscillia. Colonel William Spencer is the only Martian Spechulanion whose presence has been recorded by the Great Galactic Council."

She stopped for a while before continuing.

"But I guess this new criminal might be the second one. So far, the criminal has killed more than ten galactic organisms, 3 humans and injured more than 30 galactic organisms.
Recently, he or she  was reported to have killed three librarians guarding the code to the kingdom of Parelthoners. Victims who survived this cold-blooded assailant powers described him wearing a hood, some others described him as heartless and nicknamed him The Red Eyed Shadow."

"Three librarians, two of them were woman and the one was a man?"

"Why yes, how did-" she asked.

"A brunette killed them, I solved the case. But is the brunette the one who took my powers?" I confidently shrugged.

"Yes, indeed. That was why your Department failed to accomplish the task." She had mockingly.

"I failed?" I stood back in shock.

"Not really, you are still in the game dear, you haven't lost it yet."

"So, how do I catch her?"

"Think. It's quite simple actually. Combine the powers, physical appearances, who do you think did it?"

The powers, reminded me of Zara. She was young, athletic, and she was a brunette.

"No. . .that's impossible. . .I can't believe this. . ." I muttered as I covered my own face. I was terrified of my own thoughts.

Somehow, the thoughts I had were quite believable. I had to do an investigation on Zara. She was the only one capable of doing something like this to me, because she was a Martian.

-End Of Chapter Three-