•Red Leader • Cute Comrade•

Start from the beginning

Pulling off the metal hatchet as quietly as you possibly could, you snuck into the small vent, careful to not make a sound to attract any sort of unwanted attention toward yourself. Today was oddly quiet. It was almost a little too eerily silent for your liking. Especially since you're more vulnerable to being found out in the silence.

As you navigated your way through the vents, you heard the sound of large boots clacking against the floor below you. Your breath hitched in your throat as you could feel your heart palpitating rapidly in your chest. It may have been quiet before, but now you could tell that something was very much wrong. The silence was unbearable.

You shook your head and continued to crawl.

The sounds of metal clanking made you realise that the vent beneath you was starting to give out. Scrambling to make it to a more stable part only caused it to creak more due to the weight before the hinges popped right out, causing you to fall down.

Groaning in pain, you rolled over to be met with two surprised looks from men adorned in suspiciously red uniforms. Once it clicked, you were about to scream out when a large, gloved hand covered your mouth. You whimpered slightly and visibly shook.

"Right, Patryk. So what do we do about this one? They look pretty cute, so I'd hate to kill them." A man with large, thick eyebrows spoke up, his voice rough and husky.

"Red Leader wouldn't like if we caused attention to ourselves around this area, so it's best if we just take them with us, Paul." Another man with short-length hair that framed his face, spoke. "Besides, they could be somebody important. Someone we could obtain information from."

You shivered under their heavy gazes as they turned to look at you. "Sorry, love. But we're going to have to borrow you for a bit."

The confusion was evident on your face, but you once understood when they held out a large bag and scooped you up into it. As much as you had tried to scream out for help, it was no use and probably too late as well. The bag seemed to be made out of a thick material that muffled anything. Huh. Smart.

It was a little over 20 minutes when you were promptly thrown onto the ground, causing you to fall out the bag and land on your chin. "Owowow..." you winced slightly in pain, scrunching your eyes.

"Paul! I told you to be more careful!" The man supposedly Patryk had scolded. "Sorry, sorry. My hand was just getting too tired," he grumbled back in response. He didn't look that sorry, however.

Fluttering your eyes open, you were met with a pair of black boots. You lifted your gaze up slightly to be met with a familiar looking face.

"So, (name) (surname). You did good, boys. You're off on duty since you found a rather important person."

The two men gave each other confused glances but shrugged before shuffling away, leaving you alone with the big boss himself. You gulped at the silence that made itself present in the room. His aura was very intimidating and you could practically feel the harshness of his eyes piercing the back of your head.

Gingerly, you sat up and searched frantically for an exit.

You felt a large, gloved hand pat your head, and you shivered, slightly from embarrassment. "You're not gonna escape, starling. This place is as secure as a Swiss bank." (Okay, okay, y'all keep calling me out on this bc Swiss banks ain't that secure bUT I WAS TRYNA MAKE A MYSTIC MESSENGER REFERENCE YA DOOFS)