The Story Behind The Surrender Of Chittorgarh

As I was saying Pratap went to get the mangoes for sajja bai. The mangoes were only available in the place and that place was mostly controlled by shams kahan and his generals. They had put up a tent. How did shams khan had the  guts to  put up a tent whit his army and rana udai singh did not do anything? 

This story goes a way long back, before Shams Khan regime, Shamsher Bahadur had challenged Rana Udai Singh for a battle. As, Rana Udai Singh had 1000 foot soldiers, 10 elephants and 50 horse back men whereas Shamsher Bahadur  hand 40,000 men, 50 elephants and 250 horse back men. In the Rajput court every one were ready  to sacrifice their lives for their motherland. The women were ready to do Johar. But Rana Udai Singh told that a battle cannot only won by bravery (josh) but can also be won by strategies (hosh) and he also told that in the right time they will attack the Afghans. So, for the time being Rana Udai Singh surrendered Chittorgarh to Shamsher Bahadur. 

12 years have passed since  Rana Udai singh had surrendered to Shamsher Bahadur. For the last 12 years Rana Udai Singh had started a yagna to honour their Kuldeveata Ekling Maharaj and for revenge against Shamsher Bahadur's heir Shams Khan. By this time Pratap had grown into fine young lad whereas Shakti singh always wanted to Pratap wrong in front of their father. Both the princes were training hard to show their father how well there were after he went to perform his yagna. One day during the 1st prahar Maharani Jaivanta was ready to perform her brahmamuhutra to lord Ram. But she was in dire need of the lotus from Vishnu pond which bear lotuses and have a special gem inside it but it was very difficult to get it as it was guarded by two ferocious crocodiles.

   She thought it was time for Pratap to face the outside world. As she called one of her attendant to tell Pratap to go the lake and get her the flowers for her pooja and also told the attendant that he should bring it before the 2nd prahar started as it was an auspicious time.

The attendant went at once to the Rajkumar Bhavan and shouted Babujiraj(referring to the eldest son of the Rana or their heir to the throne) ........! Pratap came running out as soon as he heard someone calling out his name. When he came out the attendant conveyed the message of the queen to Pratap.

As Pratap heard the message he went