the start.

It was a Wednesday after noon, and I was getting dressed and ready for camp. I've been excited about this camp since the beggining of the year. Every year, I'd attend a camp with my best friends meeting new people, and activities for 3 days straight.

The magical thing about camp was that the slightest conversation with someone can cause you to become instant best friends with people.

"JUDY!" My mother shouts from downstairs, shutting out my train of thoughts. "YOU HAVE 10 MINUTES LEFT BEFORE WE LEAVE!"

"Okay mom I'll inform Lisa and Sam we'll pick them up in about 20 minutes!" I yell back.

Every year, one of our parents picks us up and drops us off at camp. This year I was the camp bus.

I text them in out group we made called "the anchors" as we share necklaces that have tiny anchors hanging at the bottom of them, symbolising our friendship as we anchor each other to our sanity,
and to each other.

Me ~ GET READY I'LL BE AT YOUR PLACE IN 20!

Sam~ um bad news... i can't go, I have summer camp and I'm in charge of a group of kids and I can't keep 30 kids with 2 camper guides... I'll try to make it the last day. Promise.

Lisa~ you're shitting me!

Me~ OH MY GOD SAAAAM! okay fine but try and make it please.

I turn my phone off and continue putting things away.

~20 minutes later~

Lisa gets into the car with her extra large suitcase and a sleeping bag.

"You know we're just going for 3 days right?" I ask her.

"Yeah, but I've got to take precautions you never know what might happen, bugs, insects, infections, snakes you never know!" She says shoving the sleeping bag on top of her suitcase and sitting next to me.

Lisa's parents are doctors, her mom's a dietitian which explains why she's in such good shape and has such an amazing body. And her dad's also a doctor I just don't really remember what domain but it explains why she's so good in biology.

Lisa was a brunette with freckles, an outstanding body (as mentioned before) light green eyes, and big gorgeous lips. No to forget that we both have braces which is the only thing we have in common.

In contrary to Lisa, I had dark black locks with light brown eyes. I wasn't the type of girl you'd want to talk to when you first lay eyes on, unlike Lisa. I was short (as I'm short to everyone around me) and my figure wasn't as intriguing as Lisa's, I'd like to call myself a potato.
A cool potato.

After a long 2 hour drive to camp we arrived. Finally.

We got to camp sight and set out bags aside, signed our names, and went to search for our tent. We set our things in the tent and placed our mats along with our sleeping bags.

We then went to socialise, which Lisa found hard to do. As I am quite a social person, I can befriend anyone within 10 minutes. Lisa needed some time, but unlike our friendship she opened up quick to me and we got along quite well. And I am so greatful for her being my friend.

"Do you think there are going to be any cute guys?" Lisa asks.

"Don't worry, if I need to find any they'd be swarming around you." I chuckle.

"You know, you don't notice that you attract guys to... like you have no idea how many times I've heard people talk about you!" She punches my shoulder.

I let out a loud HA "Sure Lisa whatever makes you sleep at night."

She rolls her eyes and hugs me.
I have this thing that no one can stay mad at me for long. Because I always end up right and they always end up apologising, hopefully that doesn't change.

Marching around camp grounds, we meet some new people and I introduce Lisa to people I've met before at this camp. They seem to get along well.

We walk towards some of the benches to sit down as we've been walking around for what felt like ages.

We sit down and start talking and see two boys standing in the distance glaring at us and talking.

One of them was tall with bright green eyes and white pale skin. While the other was tan and short with brown hair.

"Bro..." I cut Lisa off as she was Mumbling "Those guys are checking us out..." I trail off, looking away and staring at Lisa making it seem like we're not talking about them.

"Yeah, I didn't want to worry you about this but they've been following us around since we got here..." She looked at me dead in the eyes.

Suddenly they started approaching us.

"Lisa.." I poke her as she was texting someone. "Lisa we should leave..." She was still texting "Alisa Dennis get your ass up they're getting close!"

She was still silent but then I get a ding.

Lisa~ just pretend yours busy and texting someone they'll go away....

I answer out loud "oh! I get it."

The two boys were now standing Infront of us.

"Hello ladies," one of them says.

"Hey." Lisa says dryly not moving her eyes off her phone screen.

The other boy nudges the first and I hear "They seem busy let's leave..."

But the heard headed bastard punched the poor boy on the shoulder mouthing him to shut up.

"You girls seem pretty busy." None of us reply to that comment "Phones are not allowed on camp grounds you know that..."

"K." I answer bluntly.

"You're supposed to know that 'Judy' as you've been here last year and you know the rules quite well." The boy with black hair says.

We both put our phones away.

"What's it going to make you two go away?" I say rudely as Lisa glares at me for my rude comment.

Lisa is kind she knows the ways to get around a situation calmly while myself likes to finish and solve the problem fast and quick not caring who's feelings get hurt.

"We get to put our numbers in your phone.." the tall one bounces.

We hand them our phones and they walk away with smug faces.

When they get to a reasonable distance I shout.

"DELETE CONTACT."

***

**

*