Chapter 14

The next day Liz decided to go out for breakfast , Barnabas couldn't stop thinking about how Angela said she didn't like him, h doesn't know why she does, it's not like she knows he's her father.
'Maybe that will change once she finds out, but I can't tell her, I promised Angelique I wouldn't' he thought to himself, he couldn't think of anyone to blame but Angelique, he kept thinking she told Angela to not like him.

He saw them walking to a restaurant and decided to follow them in and try again with Angela.

"Hello" he said with a smile, Angela hid slightly behind Carolyn and Liz and Julia rolled their eyes.
"What the hell are you doing here Barnabas" Julia asked.
"I thought I might join you, I haven't seen Angie in four years and I want to get to know Angela"
"But she doesn't want to know you stupid" Carolyn said
"Excuse me? How many people today?" The waiter asked
"Five" Liz smiled
"Um, make that six please" Barnabas said quickly. Once again Liz and Julia rolled their eyes, this time so did Carolyn. The four of them walked off and Barnabas grabbed Angie by the arm. "You better not have told her to not like me" he said firmly.
"Let go of me" Angie said taking her arm out of his grip "I haven't told her to not like you"

"Does she know about you... about that night?" He whispered
"Yes"
The two sat down at the table, lucky for them they were in a private area.
"Um, how did you come back? I thought you died?" Barnabas asked. 
Angie looked at Liz who gave her a slight nod to say it was okay to tell the story "Angela was he one who brought me back with her powers, but I was too weak to move"

(Four years ago)
The Collins family settled down in a hotel that night so they could figure out what to do about their house.
"Mom? Are you okay?" Carolyn asked her mother who was standing at the window
"Um, yeah I'm fine" she said turning around .
"But you're crying?"
"I'm just upset about the house that's all" but that wasn't the reason, the real reason was that she had lost Angie who was once her lover, before she had Carolyn. "Um I'm going to go for a walk okay? I just need tong alone for a minute" Carolyn nodded and went back to her bed.

Liz arrived to the house and stood out front for a minute wondering if she should go in, it didn't take long for her to make up her mind, she heard coughing and ran to the body, her eyes were open and she was breathing.
"Angie?!" She said scooping her up
"Liz?" She said weakly "what are you doing"
"I love you Angie, I couldn't let you and the baby die, but I need to know if you love me back, do you still love him?"
"Yes" Angie whispered
"I should have known better"
"Liz"
"Just go okay? Please"
"Liz come on, I do love you, but you know the baby is his and that I still love him"
"This is why you left me last time! Because of him! And he wasn't even here! Just go and don't you ever come back!" Liz cried
"Liz I'm sorry" Angie cried
"Just go!" Angie got herself up and made her way to the nearest train station, Liz didn't move, all she could do was sit there and cry.

"It's going to be okay baby, we will make it" Angie said rubbing her stomach. 

*******
Everyone at the table was crying, including Carolyn
"You two dated?" She asked
"Yes" Liz replied. "And we are again"
"Really?" Carolyn was quite excited, she did like Angie, and from the past few days she had seen how happy Angie made her mother. 
"I'm so sorry Liz" Angie said in almost a whisper.
"I know" liz smiled back
"Um, did you ever want  the father with you when you went to get the checkups on Angela?" Barnabas asked.
"No, I wanted Liz with me, I needed you there, to hold my hand and tell me that everything was going to be okay when I thought it wasn't" Liz walked over and held Angie from behind kissing her on her head.  "If I wasn't so stupid then we could have been together, I'm sorry"