Chapter 2

The knife may have lodged into our oppressor's back, yes, but he wasn't dead. The knife retracted itself and somehow ended up in my father's hands. I felt wet and fuzzy as my vision blurred, and I fell to my knees holding my left eye, well, what was left of it. "Fffffffff... --Aaaaakkk---..." I fell to the floor, now unresponsive bleeding out. How could it end like this. An eye slashed, and a stomach sliced wide open, laying on the kitchen floor infront of my two younger brothers and my father. It won't end like this. It shall not end like this. I push myself up, my right eye seeing the green leave my body as my insides come out, and I collapse back ontop of them. Everything goes black.

~~~~~~~~~~

My vision is limited, but the ceiling is white. How am I alive. Wait. There is not enough air in here. I try to speak, but it's just a croak. I hear a sudden explosion and the casket's top flies off, and the dirt leaves the ground. My hands glow green as I stand up, attempting to get out of the six foot hole. I feel my feet lift off the dirt covered casket and I step onto the grass. It's cold. I'm still wearing the clothes I had been when I was sliced. Wait. Are they okay?! I somehow appeared at my doorstep. Or what used to be my doorstep. It was burnt ash. There were two small skeletons holding hands a little of the ways in. I teared up and kneeled next to them, staring to wipe the ash off. They were the twins. I closed my eye, and pressed my hands against their skeletons. I soon heard a noise. It was disgusting, but I didn't look. Soon I heard small noises and looked. The blue one had reformed, somehow. I felt powerful and picked up his passed out body, and held it like a baby, leaving Knight's skeleton there. I couldn't do it. I started sobbing, an walked through town. As soon as I was seen, people ran away. Why? Was I that gruesome to look at? I entered a small convenience store, and placed down my passed out brother against one of the walls and looked at my reflection in a mirror. Dried blood, a scar running down my face, part of my eye hanging. I just pulled it out, moaning in pain. It was over quick, the pain was. I looked at my hoodie, the pockets broken, my green skin showing the poor stitches that I now had holding me together. I took off my undershirt, and checked my pocket. $10. I put back on the ripped hoodie and walked out of the bathroom, buying a shirt way too big for me. I let out a soft sigh, and picked up my brother and headed out, chewing on beef jerky, humming a soft tune.

A few minutes passed of just walking and I was startled by a soft voice of an abused boy spoke out, "Zarry?"

I stopped walking, and adjusted the small boy in my arms, "Yes Prince?"

"Are we dead?"

"We have been given a second chance... That's all I know." I cough slightly, "I need to find us a place warm to sleep.."

"Okay bro..." His small yawn calms by overstressed body, and I kiss the top of his head.
We made it to a small park in the neighborhood before I crumpled into a bench, blacking out with my sibling in my arms.