Chapter one

Ludwig, was a new scientist working for the German government. He had taken a test, and had been very interested in science for as long as he could remember. He was met by two males, name named John Lockheart, how was English, and James Handcock, who was also English. They looked a little old but still somewhat young for being in the 40s.

"Now, the things you are about to see will never be shared outside of this place. Got it, rookie?" John said who was reaching for his tag, scanning it. Ludwig gave a nod. "For here you shall see the unbelievable~" James wiggled his fingers and laughed, before the door opened, and the three walked in. "We have stuff the word doesn't need to know about in here, and they stay in here. You are a very lucky man, rookie." John smirked, patting Ludwig's shoulder. "I would prefer you call me Ludwig." He looked at the taller male and he only gave him a chuckle. "Not until we get a new rookie."

John gave a friendly wink before showing Ludwig around the new technology they were trying to invent, and trying out, showing him how animal's and what animal's did and survived there, then something caught Ludwig's attention.

He heard a soft voice, a beautiful song being sang. He looked around before back and being pulled to the song. He had reached a huge tank, having small Circular windows to see out of. He walked close to one, the singing filling his ears and pulling him from reality. He sat his hand softly on the window and looked around before seeing a webbed hand come up and place itself on Ludwig's hand on the other side of the glass wall.

The being soon showed up, a beautiful pale as paper face appeared, red ruby eyes, and blue gills on it's neck, having slightly ripped ears, that when to white at the base, because became a bit transparent and blue at the ends. His lips moved slowly, the singing continued and slow bubbled came from the small mouth. Ludwig was memorized. He was simple amazed.

He slowly backed up and the creature let out a cute giggle, swimming to the top and continued to sing before peaking over, and guided Ludwig to the latter.

John had noticed the singing and looked for Ludwig. "Shit, James go get the headphones!" He yelled, pulling out a small purple box of ear plugs, and pulled out two, putting them in and he ran to the tank, James going to get the headphones.

Ludwig climbed himself up and at the top of the latter. The creature sitting with him as he sang, and thats when Ludwig saw the creatures tail, it was beautiful. Silver, and when the light shined down on it, it shined so heavenly, it comforted him. Ludwig sat at the top of the latter, letting the creature slowly reach out, and gently caress his cheek.

"Rookie!!" John yelled, being at the tank and walking to the latter, climbing. Ludwig turned to look at him, but the creature turned him back, pulling him forward and the creature face went under water, watching him and Ludwig watched back. The creature then smiled and showed off his sharp, dangerous, teeth.

Ludwig's eyes widen and gasped, and before the creature could pull him in, John pulled Ludwig back, causing the creatures's nails to crawl behind his ear. Ludwig yelped and they moved down the latter pretty fast. The creature hissed like a viper, leaning over the top before swimming back into the small tank, making circles around the tank.

Ludwig held behind his ear, bleeding. "James! Get a medic!" He yelled, and Ludwig looked at the tank. "W-what...who was that.." he mumbled and John sighed, sitting him down and kneeling in front of him. "That, my friend, is a Siren. Siren's are like mermaids, but different. They sing to catch prey." Ludwig raised both eyebrows. "And you, were about to be fish food."

Ludwig said up a little, removing his hand for a little, the salt on his palm made it hurt. "Fish don't eat people.." he mumbled. "Siren's do." John sat up. "His name is Gilbert. We found him about a year ago or two. We keep strong headphones around that tank, most of us don't realize the singing until after a while, but since you're a rookie, it's fine. Let's just patch you up."

He smiled and looked at the scratch. "It's not too deep, but it'll leave a scar." Ludwig sighed and threw medic's came running him, cleaning supplies in their hands.

When they had finished cleaning it, they had put a pack over it, and Ludwig was set with three bottles of water. John had to stay with him, but the work was with the Siren. He put on the heavy duty headphones and gloves. Having Ludwig put on the headphones as well.

Ludwig sat on a lab table, having a bottle of water in his hands as he walked the tank, the Siren, or Gilbert, had surfaced and looked at John as he handed him some food. Gilbert held out his hands, looking at the food like treats to a dog.

Ludwig chuckled, and Gilbert's sensitive hearing heard it, and his head turned to Ludwig quickly, ruby wide eyes watching him like a cat. Ludwig raised both eyebrows and took a sip before Gilbert swam to the edge closes to Gilbert. Holding two dead fishes in his hands. They weren't close at all, but Gilbert's strength was in his side, and he threw the fish at Ludwig, and it slid before his feet and stopped.

Ludwig raised an eyebrow and looked back at Gilbert, but he wasn't there, deep into the tank again and john was climbing down, taking off his headphone's and signalling Ludwig that is was okay to take them off now. Ludwig did just that, only to hear John chuckle.

"What?" He asked, and stood slowly, wobbling a little. "Nothin', it's just that he's never done that before. I think he likes you, rookie." Ludwig blushed a little, rolling his eyes and looked at the fish, slowly picking it up and looking at it.

"You can throw it away, unless you want food poisoning." John began to write in his notes. Ludwig looked up at the tank, and watched it. Gilbert swimming past the glass window, before circling back to it, looking out at Ludwig. They held a staring contest, what seem like it, then Gilbert moved away, causing Ludwig to be left along to think, then he looked at John.

"Can I have a bag to put this in?" John looked at him, raising an eyebrow.

// This is the end of the first chapter. You've made it! Please tell me what you think and if you find any in-corrections, please tell me. It will take me a while for the second chapter, but it will come soon.