Chapter 1

~*Author's Note*~

I'm not much of a writer.  Ask anyone who knows me.  I do it for fun, but its never been very good (at least not in my opinion).  As it stands I am a hopeless romantic.  I love the idea of love and being in love.  I finally have decided to let my love for writing prevail and I am going to write something for the public.  I hope y'all enjoy and any feedback that you would like to provide would be greatly appreciated.  So now I present to you my very first published story. 

It is a story of romance, drama, adventure, and vampires.  Now I know everyone is probably sick and tired of vampire stories, but this story has been brewing for about 6 years now, before I had ever even heard of Twilight.  I hope y'all enjoy this story.

Once again thank you so much for reading this

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up at 6 AM dreading going to school.  Never mind that it was a Monday, or that there was a foot of snow outside, no I hated being known as the dyke.  I mean of course they all knew who I am.  I had gone to school with nearly all of them since kindergarten.    They all refused to call me by my name, Penelope Renee Fiorentino.  Heck I wasn't even Penny to them.

I slowly dragged myself out of bed and dressed in my usual ripped jeans, Chuck Taylors, and a Rage against the Machine t-shirt.  I forwent make-up, no one would notice anyways.  After pulling my hair into a ponytail, I put my hoodie on and walked to the bus stop.

My best friend, who I've known since I was 3, D.J. (short for Damien Jak) was already waiting for me when I stepped off the bus.  He ran up to me not caring who saw or heard.

"Oh my god!  Pen you will not believe the weekend I had," he exclaimed.

D.J. is gay and just about everyone knew it.  He didn't care who knew, he was proud of who he is.  There were days I was so jealous of him.  I wish I could be as comfortable and confident as he is.

"D.J. it’s still a little early.  Can you stop shouting?" I asked holding my head.

"Oh quit whining.  I brought you your favorite," he smiled holding up the cup and as he did the sweet, decadent aroma hit me.  "Cinnamon hazelnut with a splash of hot cocoa.  Just the way you like it.'

"Awe, you know me too well.  Now I feel bad because I didn't bring you anything."

"All I need is your undivided attention to listen to all the intimate details," D.J. laughed giving me a little wink.

"Well I guess I can do that.  What's his name? Where is he from? How old is he? How did you meet him? I'm ready for all the details," I said sipping my coffee.

"His name is Keith.  He's from England.  He is 21.  And I met him on my trip last summer."

 "England?! How come you didn't tell me before Damien Jak Everidge?"

"I didn't think I would ever hear from him again Miss Penelope Renee Fiorentino.  So anyways, a couple months ago I saw a friend request from him and of course I accepted.  He started messaging me and in order to make sure it was really him I made him tell me what underwear I was wearing our first time together."

"Your Superman boxers," I said without hesitation.  "They are the same ones you wear every time."

"Of course!  Those are my lucky underwear," he winked at me.  "And he told me correctly, plus he could tell me exactly where and what my 'special' tattoo is."

"You mean the matching ones we got last summer?  The little boy and girl skulls or the rainbows?"

"Both!" D.J. laughed.  "We really ought to get to class.  We cannot afford to be late again.  I am going to get killed by mom if I get another detention."

"Alright I guess," I sighed following him to our first period English class.

 ~*Author's Note*~

I hope y'all enjoyed what I have so far.  I am going to try to update as much as possible, but right now I do not have internet so I am trying to do it at school.  On top of that I just moved so now I have to find my handwritten copy.  So bear with me people.  If you like the story so far please comment, share, tweet, and vote :)  Thank you everyone who has read so far :)

Lots of love,

S.A. Kirby