Chapter 16

The crunching of footsteps was heard as Brandon and some of his men walked through the mess which used to be where they were hiding Anna. The boys who were in charge of killing Anna's mother were scattered and on fire, the shack blown into so many pieces it was as if it had never existed. The three boys who were with Brandon were shocked to see how calm the red head was as he strolled leisurely around the wreckage. It was eerily quiet as the red head looked around him, only the small sounds of crackling fire and his footsteps heard, the occasional wind blowing through.

"Tell me, what do you see?" Brandon suddenly questioned his group of followers.

"A mess" one of the boys, a tall lanky boy with messy blonde hair responded, oh so carelessly. With a role of his eyes, Brandon turned around to face the boy – grinding his teeth as he did so. The blonde boy froze where he stood at the look on the other boys face – it was hard and menacing.

"Well, I see..." Brandon started before zooming towards the tall boy, grabbing him by the throat and lifting him off the ground "lost opportunity!" he yelled before throwing the boy across the field.

"Why does it matter if we have the girl? We're going to fight the Volturi anyways" another one of the boys spoke up, shrugging his shoulders lightly.

"Because, the plan was to send her back to the Volturi in tiny pieces so that Alec and Jane would be so blinded by rage that they would be easy to defeat" Brandon explained with a tight irritated smile on his face "I don't want to just fight the Volturi, I want to destroy them but since I'm angry and you're disposable, I'll settle for destroying you" he finished with a smile, ripping the four boys who had accompanied him to pieces.

-----

The streets of Venice were quiet as Anna followed a man down a dark alleyway. She had a dark gleam in her eye as she walked, her bare feet taking soundless steps, her ripped blue gown dragging along the dirty Italian floor. The man whom she'd been following was busy hunting down an innocent woman who was on her way home from work that evening, and Anna was furious at the idea of this vile man hurting someone; so she did what she thought was right, she quietly pulled the man into another secluded alley. Looking on the man with disgust, she smirked at his fearful expression. He was in a state of pure terror, looking upon the girl in her fancy blue dress, messy hair and red eyes.

"You know, men like you disgust me, and if I'm going to give into my natural instinct it's better for it to be on men like you. The world is better off without you" Anna spoke in her usual soft and sweet voice which scared the man even further and as he was about to scream he was cut off by the blonde's teeth sinking into his neck.

Ian stood by watching intently as he watched the girl he'd grown so fond of use her gift to rid of the man's body before she turned to speak with him.

"Now, I'm going to need a change of clothes" she spoke before speeding in and out of a local boutique without even being noticed, returning in an all-black outfit, the long lace up heels adding to the dangerous look.

"Well?" she questioned him softly, gesturing to her new outfit.

"In all honesty, you look like you're about to kill me" Ian answered with a quiet but nervous chuckle as the girl in front of him smiled, a wicked grin he'd never seen before etching across her features.

"Perfect" she spoke with a shrug of her shoulder, turning around to walk away "I think I'm ready to go home now, I need to plan on how to dismember a few vampires that have become a pain in my side"

-----

Jane stood fuming as the Volturi all looked over the small box which had been left in the throne room; Jane was simply furious that Brandon had gotten in and out without anyone knowing and she couldn't even imagine how she'd feel once they'd opened the box. Aro with a curious but angry look in his eyes slowly opened the delicate black box only to find a small piece of light blue fabric.

"That's the same fabric that Anna's dress was made from – the one she wore on the night she was taken" Alec quickly spoke as he immediately recognized the dainty piece of fabric.

"And there's a note" Caius added with distain, even the cold and uncaring one, of the three leaders was angered by Anna's disappearance; he'd never admit it but he too had grown fond of the girl. Jane quickly sped forward upon hearing that, grabbing the note between her fingers and staring down at it with a cold glare before throwing it to the ground and letting out a long harsh scream. Aro was even shocked seeing the blonde vampire this angry so he too quickly picked up the discarded note, reading it out loud to the vampires around him.

"The next item you'll receive will be a body part" at that sentence Alec clenched his fists and gritted his teeth trying to find any sort of control over himself.

"Demetri, find her now!" Alec shouted unable to achieve any state of control as he shook with rage.

"I can't I've already tried!" Demetri yelled back, frustrated that his own gift wasn't working to find his friend.

"Then try harder!"

"Will you both shut up?!" Jane screeched at the boys as she snapped around to face them, her red eyes cold and full of pain "none of this fighting is going to help us find Anna" before anyone could reply to that statement however, Santiago ran into the room.

"Someone's in the castle, three of our lower guard tried to take them down the minute they saw them, but they took them down easily. We must be prepared" he spoke urgently. The group that stood in the throne room al shared a look, preparing to go into action but they were all interrupted by the faint clicking noise which echoed down the hall outside the throne room.

"They're coming" Demetri spoke in an angered voice, ready to fight anyone who dared enter his home unwelcomed.

"They're mine to kill" Jane stated, smirking at the thought of even getting the smallest amount of revenge.

"My apologies sister but I believe this one's mine" Alec added to the conversation but before anything more could be said the throne room doors swung open with a loud creak.

"Fighting over killing your friend? Now isn't that just plain rude?"