"Yes"

"Okay, hmm where's that guide" I mumbled looking around my desk for the small test guide.

"Here it is type it up tonight and you can print it out in class tomorrow" I said and she nodded "Thank you Ms. Black have a great rest of your day" she called and I replied.

I slid my Burberry scarf on along with the matching tan trench coat and the matching hat. I grabbed my black gloves and slid them on while grabbing my book bag and purse.

I walked out the classroom turning the lights off before locking up the room. I faced the long hallway before going to the mailroom and getting my mail.

"Oh Ms. Black I've been meaning to tell you about the meeting next week Monday" the Vice Principal spoke catching me before I could exit the building.

"I'll be there" I said turning and smiling. I made my way out the door and out to my truck pressing the automatic starter before I could reach it.

"Hi Bebe" my father's voice rang out over my cars Bluetooth "hi daddy what are you doing?" I asked pulling out the parking lot of the Highschool.

"I'm at the house waiting on you, are you still coming?"

"Yes I'm picking up groceries and I'll be there" I replied as I headed towards Whole Foods. "Okay Bebe see you when you get here" he responded before the call ended.

My mother was African American and my father was Cuban. My mother had about 5 years on my dad and let him tell it she was and still is the women of his dreams. They separated due to his infidelity and my mother was a very head strong women so I don't blame her. Still married but very much separated.

I picked up my groceries and headed to my father's house. I parked in the parking garage and grabbed my book bag purse and they few grocery bags I had before heading to the elevator.

"Hey dad I'm here!" I yelled entering the penthouse from the elevator. "Okay Hija here I come" he yelled from somewhere. I loved his house if all else fails I knew I would be living right here with him being taking care of because I was his only and favorite kid.

I slipped off my boots and cut putting everything in the front closet before making my way to his very open kitchen the overlooked his living room. He lived in a two story penthouse with floor to ceiling windows over looking the city.

I sat my book bag in one of the bar stools that sat at the island and put the groceries on the counter. I wasn't making anything special just fried salmon whipped potatoes and asparagus. My father was a very simple man with a lot of money who helped who he could and the least I could do was cook for him while was in town and run errands for him.

"Hi Bebe!" He smiled coming up the stairs making me smile while I washed my hands "hey dad look at you!" I cheesed I hadn't seen him in a month and his tan was fresh like he had been on an island.

"How was the baby shower? I talked to Mom earlier" he said making me eye him "the baby shower was nice actually I made sure to include your name on the presents" I smiled as he hugged me and kissed my forehead "yes she sent me some pictures of everything I talked to Marcus too" he said "I don't like the babymama but that's not none of my business, she comes off like a user" I said was I.. a hypocrite? Yes. That bitch gave me bad vibes.

"You've always been so protective of him he'll be okay" my dad chuckled while I unwrapped the salmon from the brown paper and sitting it in a bowl of ice water with a little vinegar. I rewashed my hands before sitting a pot on the stove letting the pot filler fill it up while I rinsed a few whole potatoes in the actual sink.

"He's just so.. dumb when it comes to love, but that's why I keep my distance it has absolutely nothing to do with me" I said and he chuckled shaking his head while taking a seat at the counter. "Your mother was very sad on the phone while we're on the topic.. she says you still haven't called and let her know your home and that you're not talking to them?"

I looked over at him before turning the pot filler off and cutting the eye on medium.

"They are too chaotic for me dead and you know this. I can't do the messy stuff and for sure can't take my peace being disrupted all from a phone call. I love them I'm just taking time for myself" I said "I understand I'm just letting you know what your mother expressed to me"

"And where have you been? Why do you have a tan?" I asked changing the subject.

"I told you I had to check in a few properties in Mexico and one of the houses are being remolded so you know I had to get my hands dirty" he laughed "did you take pictures?" I asked and he shook his head no "Cel might" he said referring to his assistant that helped him with his rental properties and kept things flowing for him.

I finished cooking cleaned up, checked all my assignments and watched the game with my dad before passing out on the couch.