"In a few" Louis answers and leans back on the counter as Zayn talks about his day. They have been mistaken as a couple before, because Louis always has this fondness in his eyes and a soft smile playing on his lips whenever Zayn mentions a new book or something interesting that makes his eyes sparkle. And other times when Louis would be pissed and only Zayn is able to calm him down, take him in his arms and keeps him there for a few minutes. When Louis would kiss the top of his head as he wraps his arms around Zayn after a bad day or when Zayn would kiss Louis' check just to tease him as he runs off outside the shop.

Zayn was drunk one time, and he asked Louis why couldn't they be lovers instead, save them the trouble of heartbreaks from people they don't know, at least no matter where they go they'll always be together. He remembers how Louis laughed softly and told him how deeply he loves him and how he is sure that Zayn loves him just as much, but if they ever tried it, it won't work, because as much as they care about each other, it's not that type of love. They're brothers, best of friends, partners in crime, and each will be willing to sacrifice his soul to the other, but that's just it. Zayn smiled then.

"Already cheating on me?" Zayn still smiles now and throws his doubts away as he turns his head to the side. Louis smiles as well and Zayn knows if he wasn't wearing a beanie Louis would ruffle his hair. But Louis settles for pinching his cheeks and throwing his arms around his shoulder.

"Zayn, this is Doug. Doug, this is my sweet little bro, Zee" Zayn rolls his eyes at how Louis introduced him but he doesn't protest. The guy –Doug– smiles back at him. Zayn still has the same question over Louis' relationships but Louis would dismiss the subject now. They'd talk later.

"Cool! So this is The Zayn?" Again, Zayn doesn't really say anything. "Nice to meet ya!"

"Same" His tone is friendly, and Louis squeezes his shoulders once before letting go. Zayn notices two things. First, the guy is clearly fit, tall with broad shoulders and strong muscles. He seems nice, and Louis talked about him many times before their proper meeting face to face, and although Zayn doesn't trust people easily, Louis seems to like him. Second, and that what caught his eyes first, is that he is a brunette with green eyes.

Louis didn't get over his crush.

=====

Doug is actually nice. They stayed after Louis' shift on a table for over two hours and the guy is kind, flirty –with Louis– and seems the type that can be a gentleman but Zayn has his mind elsewhere. He wonders if Louis is really into the guy. It could be just a coincidence, he tries to convince himself that.

Doug offers them a ride home and even though it's late, the streets are a bit crowded and they're stuck at traffic when Zayn turns his head away from their conversation towards the window. A car passes, black covering its body and glass, and Zayn is normally not interested in cars but this one catches his attention.

Mercedes.

Anyone could own this car and they're miles away, but Zayn doesn't stop his mind when it wanders to Harry. He wonders if he's okay, if he'd left the club. He doesn't have to go back and Ant surely can't pressure him on staying. He's not there anymore, and Harry's reason to stay vanished. He wonders how he's dealing with his family, his studies, whether or not he's back to boxing ... Whether he forgot him or not.

Zayn blinks slowly and then they're moving again, away from the black car, but his thoughts don't rest. They never do. He's missing the conversation, but noticed as Louis sends him a questioning glance and Doug's confused one. He just shrugs at Louis' way, Doug still has this worried look on his face as he stops in front of their house. Zayn leaves first, and decides to wait for Louis inside. A couple of minutes later, when he's still in his clothes, Louis comes in.