On my tip-toes, I leaned forward, but he was quicker, grabbing me and pushing me against one of the metal racks. The pain that coursed through my back was only temporary, depleting entirely when his lips closed over mine. His tongue rolled against mine and a low moan rumbled from his throat. It's moments like this where I feel him in every inch of me—not just on my tongue. He ignites every nerve ending, sending my endorphins into overdrive.

The hose fell to the side, both of his hands holding me with strong grips. I wrapped my arms around his neck, smiling into the kiss now, not giving a damn that we're in the middle of my parent's shop. He smiles too, which makes me giggle and the kisses falter. "Well, that was unexpected," I smirked, raising an eyebrow at him and giving him a knowing look.

"No it wasn't," he sniggered. "Glad I could make you smile though."

"You always make me smile."

Harry kissed me again, loosening his grip around my waist. At our feet the hose was trickling water. He let me go and I quickly moved to shut it off, not wanting to get bitched at for wasting water. My cheeks were warm and I was almost a little embarrassed at how flushed I was. 

"Any plans today?" I asked him.

"The boys and I are going fishing," he chuckled. "Taking my dad's boat out for a few hours, then going to get some dinner at the pier. I was thinking we could meet up later."

"Not if you smell like fish."

"I'll shower," he playfully rolled his eyes.

"How what that – seeing your dad?"
I finished wrapping up the hose and crossed my arms over my chest. Harry shrugged, leaning against one of the sturdy racks. He looked more laid back today, wearing swim shorts and a gray t-shirt. 

"As I expected. Quick. Only ever wants to talk about business," he revealed. "And I always think that something's going to change that. It never does." I frowned, but he went on, "he sees me as a business partner, not his son. Always has, always will. It's. . .whatever. I'm fine."

"It's okay not to be fine," I smiled faintly, hoping to assure him. I'm not entirely sure if I can. We haven't known each other that long and I'm not sure what I can do to make him feel better. But when I put my hands to his chest I feel him instantly relax. My heart skips a beat when he looks down at me with hooded eyes, a small smirk tipping on his perfect lips.

"You're so sweet," he hummed sexily.

I patted his chest, "hm, you'd know."

He cocked an eyebrow, nodding. "I would."

Heading to the front of the store, Harry follows, standing on the other side of the counter as I open the thick order book. As I look up to say something the door opens and the bell rings. Oh god.

"My love," Mrs. Winters walked in, happy as ever, wearing a bright turquoise shirt and high waisted blue jeans with brown flip flops.

"Hello, Mrs. Winters," I smiled back.

"I'm here for my order," she insisted. "I've got a knitting circle to get to in thirty minutes, so if we could make this quick, dear."
I smiled, glancing over at Harry who was just as amused. Heading into the back, mom was on her laptop, doing some budgeting stuff. She looked up at me over her glasses and smiled.

"Mrs. Winters?" she inquired.

I nodded, "mhm."

I grabbed the order and headed back to the front of the store. Mrs. Winters was explaining something to Harry who listened intently, nodding and smiling. My smile was so big it nearly hurt. "Mrs. Winters, your flowers."

"I was just getting to know your friend," she stated, giving me a wild look. I sighed, ready to hear it all. "Nice man – I told him to take you on a date."

"Ah, of course you did," I said.

"I told her I already have," Harry smirked, "three dates."

Mrs. Winters looked more alive, cheeks tinted red and her eyes full of color. I hadn't seen her this happy since last year's perfect order of Hydrangeas. "Good for you dear. You took my advice," she winked at me. She walked off with a proud smile on her face, taking her flowers with her.

After the door shut, I looked at Harry. "That woman is something."

"She's great," he insisted sweetly.

"Now that she knows I'm dating she'll stop pestering me about dating her son. He's divorced, and I'm pretty sure he has three kids," I mentioned, closing the order book with a loud thud.

Harry sniggered. "Good thing your taken."

Taken? We haven't exactly talked titles and I didn't exactly think he'd want to make this official considering he might be going back to the city soon. Even with that possibility looming between us, we push forward.

Harry turned for the door after checking his watch. "I'll see you at the pier—seven o'clock."

* * *

"Mommy's got a date."

Eliana looked at me with confusion, brows knitted together and her lips pouted. Her cheeks are still a little red, mostly from the sun and the heat. Her hair pulled back in her usual tiny pigtails while she wears a light orange dress. I smiled faintly at her, wanting her to know this was a good thing. I kissed her pouty lips and carried her the rest of the way up my parents' walkway.

Walking into the house, I headed for the kitchen where I could smell something baking in the oven. At the sight of my mother, Eliana squealed. "Na-na-na!" I chuckled, handing the excited two-year-old over to my mom.

"How's my favorite little girl?" Mom cooed at Eliana. She looked up at me, bouncing Eliana a bit in her arms. "What time will you pick her up?"

"Maybe ten," I admitted. "I know that's late—"

"It's fine, Diana. You could use a night off. You've been really happy lately, well, besides last night. But other than that. . . you've been seeing someone?" she asked, knowing that tonight I'm going on a date. She doesn't, however, know that I've been seeing Harry for two weeks now.

"Yes," I stated, "he's really great."

Mom looked a bit unsure. "As long as you know what you're doing. You're not just looking after you anymore, sweetie."

I almost rolled my eyes. Peter and now her. No one wants to give me the benefit of the doubt and let me live. I know that these last few years I've pushed away any interest in having a social life, but now I want more.

"I'm aware." I kissed Eliana's cheek. "I love you, Ellie."

"Bye mama! I wuv you!" Eliana clapped and blushed, blowing kisses at me as I started out of the kitchen. I waved once more at her, but I felt a part of me stay with her. When I get out to my car I feel a weight on my chest. A weight I haven't felt in a long time. It's worry. Worry for not just my future, but hers too.

* * *
Hello lovelies! Thanks for always being so patient. Happy 2017—make this year YOUR year!
Also, if you haven't noticed, I made a playlist for this story. It's before the preface. Let me know what you think. Lastly, the next chapter will more than likely include smut and drama!

Can't wait for you all to see where this goes.
Comment & vote. xx