Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Izaya's POV

     I was in the hospital. The last thing I can remember is (y/n)'s thumb against my cheek. I felt my cheek to see if her soft hand was still there. Nope. I looked up. I was happy to see (y/n) leaning against the wall playing with my switch blade.

     "this thing is more fun than it looks!" (y/n) exclaimed. She then put the switch blade in her pocket and walked over to me.

     "They wanted to search your coat so I took all of the things that may've made them suspicious of the wrong reasons." She then walked over to me and lifted up my shirt just a little so she could see the stab wound. She brushed her thumb against the wound.

     "Gah!" I quickly put my hand over it, hers under mine.

     "Sorry," she said looking down in a monotone voice. The door handle turned unexpectedly and (y/n) almost immediately turned invisible. I was sad to see she was gone.

     "How are you feeling, Orihara-san?" The nurse asked. I decided to mess with (y/n) a little.

     "Couldn't be better now that you're here!" I smirked, craving so bad to see the look on (y/n)'s face. The nurse blushed and looked at my wound, almost running into where (y/n) was standing. Unfortunately, the intercom came on saying that one of the patients needed the nurses help. She waved bye to me, which I happily returned, and left. At least now I could see (y/n)'s reaction. She was standing at the foot of my bed... Smirking? She was maybe the most confusing human i've ever ran into.

     "It's boring here. I'm going to leave," and without another word she opened the door.

     "Pfft, easy for you to say- I can't move," but my the time I was finished talking, she had already left. Thinking back to it, I did feel a little bad for making her jealous. It ruined my plan a little, but I could get back on track easily. I decided to sleep.

     I woke up with the sound of the door handle moving. I sat up, becoming alert. It was then when I realized that (y/n) still had my switchblade. 'Damb!' I cursed under my breath. The hooded figure then walked over to me and tried to stab me. I dodged, but really wanted to curl up in a ball because of my wound. I looked back to see the pillow was stabbed, a clean cut. It could probably cut my head off if I hadn't dodged it. I looked to see who it was.

(y/n)'s POV

     I was watching all of this drama unfold in front of me from the comfort of the hospital waiting room. I was invisible, so I could go to Izaya's room whenever I wanted to without being noticed. I then watched the girl who was about to kill Izaya leave, which was my cue to go in his room. I walked in to see his back leaning on the wall and he was curled up in a ball grabbing his stab wound with both of his hands. 'That's out of character' I thought. I became visible and walked over to him. I picked him up and put him on his bed. I lifted his shirt to see one of the stitches was undone and only bleeding a little. I rolled my eyes and bandaged up the wound. I sighed.

     "I really can't leave you alone, can I?" I sweetly smiled at him. He looked up at me, a small spark in his eye saying 'Thank You'. I ruffled his hair and pulled a chair up to sit in. I pulled it next to Izaya's face and pecked his cheek before folding my arms and resting them a little above his wound. I put my head on my arms and we fell asleep like that.

     We woke up the next day, both excited for Izaya to finally get out of the hospital.

~Vote & Comment