Son

'Momma! Look at the bird!'

My eight year old son, Rick Linton, cried out in awe, pointing to a bird in the sky. 

Rick is a feisty little boy, who received his father's enchanting eyes and luscious hair. Just like his father, he was able to get people to shut up with a glare. He is not an expressive boy, he often keeps his feelings to himself. However, he is a determined boy, who fights for what he thinks is right and wrong. 

No, I have not told him about my strong opinions on gender politics. 

Rick got my nose and lips, and I think he's a perfect result of Rikkard and I combined. He's such a beautiful person.

Besides his father, of course.

'Rick, please keep it down, I am trying to work.' A deep and cold voice spoke up.

That is my husband, 

Rikkard Ambrose.

Beautiful name for a beautiful man.

I still fall in love with him daily, except when he comments on how a waste of money toys are.

He hasn't changed over the years, but he's still the person I fell for.

'Okay Father.'
Rick quietly apologised, and went back to admiring the bird that flew by with its majestic wings.

Like the wings I received ever since I started working for Rikkard as a secretary.

His little Ifrit.

I chuckled at the memory, and Rikkard stared at me intently.

'We got another little Ifrit for you, Rikkard.' I mouthed to him.

He barely manages to hold back a smile when his eyes land on Rick.

My husband may seem like he does not care about his dear son, however, that is not the case. Every night, my husband holds Rick close till the little boy falls into a deep slumber.

I used to let myself be held by Rikkard whenever he had too much work and needed to relax for a bit. We would sit there for what felt like hours, him rocking me back and forth while I snuggled into his neck and whispered sweet nothings.

I went back to my desk and continued to look through business deals.

I had become the co-founder of Ambrose and Linton Co. , much to the surprise of many people in London. They were quite angry and often talked about us being 'not quite right' in the head.

However, Ambrose and Linton Co. has been earning more money and clinching more business deals than any other companies in all of London. People soon realised that we were earning the most money in the industry, and soon, they all shut up about how we were crazy lunatics.

I was engrossed in my reports when I heard a soft giggle escaped from Rick's mouth. I looked up from my work and saw Rikkard shooting silly faces at our dear son. My heart burst at the sight.

How did I get so lucky and got myself the most perfect man?

Rikkard was as hard as granite, but inside, he's such a sweetheart.

I cleared my throat, and letting my two Ifrits know I was aware of the scene unfolding.

Rikkard froze on the spot and our little boy burst out laughing. He knew his father appeared stone cold to many others and rarely showed people the loving side of him.

'Get to work, Mr Ambrose. No wasting time on these activities.'

My husband chuckled upon hearing this statement, and what he did next surprised me.

He shifted his desk until it was positioned beside mine. He picked up a chair and placed it between the gap of Rikkard's chair and mine. He motioned for Rick to sit down on the chair.

Rikkard wanted us to sit together as a family, even when we were working.

'Let's get to work, shall we?' Rikkard said, shooting me a knowing grin.

I love my husband.

[A/N]

How cute??

And how can I improve in writing? Leave a comment, I would love to hear about what I can improve on :)x

Till next time ;D