Chapter #2

/Mike's Point of View\
I was sitting at Olive Garden waiting on Carrie and her daughter, Brielley. I have been with Carrie for a few months and she wanted me to meet her daughter. I knew she was nervous but I had no clue why. When I looked up I saw her and Brielley walking towards the table. I stood up and waited for them to get to the table. When they got there, I gave Carrie a hug and shook  Brielley's hand. We sat down and there was an awkward silence for a moment and Brielley and I could both sense it, and we didn't like it. Thats when Brielley spoke up, "Hi. My name is Brielley. I'm 11." Thank God she noticed it, too. "Hey, I'm Mike. Mike Fisher." I replied. I could see Carrie smile a little even though she tried to hide it. "Care, you're being unusually quiet. Ya feelin ok." I asked with a slight laugh. "Yeah, I'm good. How are you doin, Mikey." God, her voice is so beautiful, ughh. "I'm good. I thought you'd never want me to meet her." I stated. The waitress came and got our orders and stuff. I really didn't like how quiet Carrie was being  it was making me worry about something.  As if on cue, Brielley said she had to use the bathroom. When she left, I reached across the table and grabbed one if Carrie's fidgeting hands and held it. She looked up at me and smiled slightly. "What's wrong, babe. You are being really quiet. Is something wrong. Are you ok?" I asked her with a bit of concern on my voice. "Yeah, I'm just nervous. I want Brielley to like you and for you two to get along. If you guys don't get along I don't know what I'll do. It's so stressing. On top of that, I have to get this new album recorded." She answered. "Care, it'll be fine. I'll be in my best behavior and maybe she'll like me. Your new album will be wonderful. Stop stressing so much, it's not good for you." She smiled at me a little and said, "I know but you don't understand. Trying to raise my daughter, record an album, and make time for you and me it's hard, Mike." I didn't realize how much stress she had on her. Before I could reply, Brielley walked out of the bathroom. "Sorry it took so long. There was a huge line in there." When she got back, she could tell there was something wrong with her mom. She looked at me with a puzzled look as if asking, "What's wrong with her" kinda look. I mouth 'I'll tell you later.' Then the waitress brought us our food and stuff.  We ate in awkward silence, Me or Brielley trying to start conversation, but it didn't last long. After we finished, she brought our bill and I immediately took out my wallet. "No Mike, I've got it. You don't have to." Carrie protested but I had already handed the lady my money. "It fine, I got it." I replied. After that I walked them to their car and Brielley got in right away. I pulled Carrie in for a hug and kissed the top of her head. Then whispered, "Stop stressing, you'll be fine. I'm always there to help if you need it." She looked up at me and stood on her tippy toes, then gave me a short kiss and said "Thank you." Then got in her car. I watched her drive away and heades towards mine. I got in and drove home.