3

There was a hole in the corner of a room. It was like a mouse hole but about 2 times bigger. The walls were still black and dry. That really creeped me out. I think a voice whispered my name and it sent a shiver down my spine.

Stupidly I ran over to the hole and took out a box. The one like for a board game. It was rectangular and I looked at it longingly before taking it to my bed.

I sat in bed observing the box. "Ouija" it read. I trailed my fingers to where it opens and lift up the fragile cardboard. I took a deep breath to see what was inside.

Inside the box was a thin piece of cardboard with an alphabet on it. I look back at the box that hold the board.

I read the description of this 'game'.

It uses a small heart-shaped piece of wood or plastic called a planchette. Participants place their fingers on the planchette, and it is moved about the board to spell out words. "Ouija" is a trademark of Hasbro, Inc., but is often used generically to refer to any talking board.

Interesting. Basically, from what I have learned, a Ouija board is a board printed with letters, numbers, and other signs. But what are they for? I looked for further instruction on the box. I already saw how to use it so I need to know what it is for. I saw a paragraph that caught my eye.

Ouija is a combination of two words: "oui" and "ja" which mean "yes" in French and German respectively. The board itself is not dangerous but the form of communication that you are attempting often is. Most often the spirits whom are contacted through the Ouija are those whom reside on "the lower astral plane.

So, it can basically be used for paranormal purposes and reach the after life. I guess you can communicate with them. I decide to try it. Nothing can happen. It's just a game. (a/n: I know so cliché) I put my fingers on the planchette and I say aloud. "Does any spirits want to communicate?" I say awkwardly. Replies did not return. "Father?" I call out.

I laugh it off and I begin to put the board away.

"Alice!" My mother calls me from downstairs and lets out a call that startled me

"Alice!" My mother calls me from downstairs and lets out a call that startled me. I quickly hid the Ouija Board in my closet. I covered it with a cloth. "Coming!" I managed to say.

I shut the door and run downstairs. "Nick come here!" She calls from the kitchen.

My mother's face was bright red and looked like she was about to explode. "Yeah?" Nick walked in with his iPad. "What the heck is this?" There I saw my mother point to a dead mouse on the kitchen table. "Oh my god, Nick.." I mumble.

We all screamed. The mouse twitches its body and I could hear the bones cracking. Black liquid, that can't be blood, drops out of the mouse's nose, ears, and mouth. "Mom!" Nick shrieks. The mouse abruptly stopped twitching and the bone cracking stopped. I had tears drip all the way down to my neck. "Mom?" She sighs. "The mouse probably ate something that it shouldn't have supposed to...no biggie." I know she's just saying that so we won't be freaked about it. Oh yes it was a biggie.

Could this be the reply I was waiting for?