The Kiss.

Did I happen to give away something in the title?!
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

The car journey was, to say simply, comfortable, yet uncomfortable.

      Each movement made by Joe made you jolt on the inside, and you considered putting your hand on top his one which was resting on the gear, at least a hundred times by now.
There was an awkward  tension and hopefulness in the air, which was mutual.

Yet, you both sang along to all the songs on the radio together, made useless comments and joked and talked like any other time.

    At one point, you were looking out of the window, your head resting on it.
Conversation had stopped temporarily, and Joe tapped you arm softly.

    You lazily turned your head at him with a smile, and saw the most beautiful smile etched onto his already perfect and handsome face.
"Thanks so much for agreeing to come on this date, (y/n). It meant the world to me...I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed myself."

    And you had enjoyed yourself too. You had wondered what would happen on this date? Would Joe behave any differently? Would it result in increasing the feelings you already had for him?
           And now you had your answers... Yes. You had seen a new side to Joe. A slightly possessive, more carefree, and perhaps a teeny bit seductive side of him.

He would have just tapped your arm on other days. Now, he touched you softly, his touch lingering.
    And you savoured his warmth. There was a vague familiarity and comfort, which you enjoyed immensely. You craved for more of it, in all the different ways.

    As all these thoughts rushed through your brain, you stared at his handsome features.
Thank goodness there was traffic! It allowed his gaze to be on you and not on the road.

"It was my absolute pleasure. I cannot tell you how happy I was when you asked me, Joe. And I'm so, so glad I accepted your offer."

You at last decided to gently place your hand in his, the one which rested on the gear. As the light turned green, he gave you one last smile before continuing to drive. Your hand stayed where it was for the rest of the journey.

When you finally reached your apartment, Joe stopped the car and looked over at you.
You looked back. "(y/n) I...well, would you like to, perhaps go on another date with me?", he asked nervously.
"I'd absolutely love that. But it's my turn next time!", you replied happily. "Started already?", he asked with a laugh.

"Yup! But, you know, we could just stay in at my place for the next one. Stay in my room, listen to music, eat crappy sandwiches. If you're up for that, I'll welcome you with open arms."

     It happened all of a sudden. You were looking into each other's eyes, when you felt his lips on your own.
A feeling erupted at the base of your stomach. You didn't know what it was, just that you wanted more of it. You deepened the kiss slightly.

        His lips were warm and soft, and they moved perfectly in time with yours. Your lips moulded together perfectly, and you kept on kissing, softly and lovingly.
At last you had to pull away for breath.

You looked down, knowing you were red due to the breathlessness and the fact that you had just shared the most amazing kiss with someone who you loved as a friend and much, much more.
       Someone who made you feel so at ease... Pushing all your worries away.

He gently placed a finger under your chin, and lifted your head so your gaze met his. He rested his forehead against yours, your noses touching.

"About the sandwiches...can my ones have cheese?", he asked cheekily.

You laughed, going in for another kiss, but were restrained by your seatbelt.

Great, now you looked even more idiotic!
"Need help?"
"Nope, I'm good", you said, successfully managing to open your seatbelt.
"Oh, I was talking about that kiss!", he smirked.

You shook your head at him, before leaning in for another tender and perfect kiss.
The two of you got out of the car, and walked up to your front door.
"See you soon, then?", he asked.
"I'll text you sooner, Sugglet!", you replied.

He kissed your forehead, as you said your goodbyes. 

As you went in, you felt pretty exhausted. But you knew better than anybody, that sleep would never come.
       Plus, there was a certain somebody, who happens to be a great kisser, you had to text.