Home?

I could see at least a few hundred people down below me working. The tan boy grabbed my wrist and continued to pull me down the hill towards a gravel path. "Where are you taking me" I asked. The boy pointed torwards a sign on a little up the path. The sign read "Silverstream Lake", we walked in silence for a good fifteen minutes before I saw the shimmering blue of a lake. The boy walked out to the water and took off his shirt and threw it to the base of a large willow tree. "What are you doing?" I ask him, he ignored me. "You can at least tell me what the hell is going on?!" I yell at him as he swims farther into the lake. I've never seen someone swim so fast, even the olympic swimmers were slowpokes compared to him. "Answer me!" I yell, "He can't" I heard gravelly voice behind me. I turned and saw an old man, scraggly long hair and a even longer gray beard. "Wha-" I stammer startled before he interrupts me, "I'm sorry it took me so long to get to you, I had to clear things up with Issac first. You know he broke the rules to save you. Cyprus, the girl that yelled at you was supposed to come get you tomorrow. But Issac said he had a dream that he had to go somewhere. Next thing I know I hear from our Seer that Issac is on earth fighting a hunter to save you". I'm taken back by all the information I heard, the girl that threw me was named Cyprus, the tan boy swimming in the lake was named Adrian, then something hit me. "You said that you heard that Issac was on earth. You said that as if we aren't on earth right now. Where am I?" I say scared out of my mind. "Well, we call this place the Aether. It's a different world to earth, yet it is earth. Crazy I know, let me put it this way. Our world is simply molded like the earth, yet it is not the earth. It is something else entirely, it is far more powerful than the earth. Far less polluted, also far less populated" the man responded as if it was a simple thing. I made up my mind right there. "I'm dead aren't I?" I ask. The man laughs and responds in a mocking tone "Oh yes you are. Welcome to heaven, I am an angel here to guide you.... No this isn't heaven, I understand that this might seem crazy but let me explain everything" he says. "Let me start by saying what I know. You were chosen to be one of us. By the mother, she marked you with power. That power has been lying dormant for all of your life but recently it showed itself. You probably didn't notice but our seer did. She informed us of you, and when you were to gain your powers". I interrupted him "Powers?" I ask. " Yes powers, maybe you didn't notice. The way your hunter had glowed orange and gained immense strength. The power of might. The way Issac got you here, the power of teleportation. How Adrian fixed Isaac's wounds, The power of healing. There are many more powers out there, and everyone has at least three. You will get your first soon. Your first power is something that is innate to you. Issac can create any object and can identify any non living objects power. Adrian can breathe underwater, although that leaves him with drawback of not having vocal chords. The reason why he won't respond to you. Cyprus can see through heat. We have gifted with powers that range from changing the mass of their bodies to altering the minds of others. We are all serpents, and you are one of us now". I had a rough time understanding what he was saying. "What do you mean. How am I a snake?" I ask. "Serpent not snake" I turn and see Isaac sitting twiddling a stick. His shirt still torn from where the axe cut him. Beneath it I see a few thick scars on his chest and stomach. He notices me staring and says "oh sorry" I watch as in a fraction of a second he blurs and disappears. "He does that" the old man says "give him a second". I sit there and wait for the boy. In a strange place. After a strange day. Surrounded by even stranger people with strange powers.