Chapter 1- Welcoming

Magsimula sa umpisa

Klare hesitantly accepted her hand.

"I'm-"

"I know! You're Klare Amelia Bernardo, right? Sa'kin ka kasi binilin ni Principal Luke para salubungin. I didn't know you'll come in this late, though."

There was an underlying insult in her reply but then she still has this smile on her as if telling her that it was all okay. Her smile looks genuine and her eyes were reflecting it too.

Kaagad nang naintindihan ni Klare ang mga pangyayari.

"I'n so sorry," Pagbibigay paumanhin niya, "Hindi kasi sinabi sa akin na may sasalubong pala. I didn't expect for the school to be this far and secluded and for a minute I though I was in the wrong school."

Belle laughed and waved her hand, "Don't worry, you're in the right school." Tinignan nito ang suot niyang uniform, "I bet the uniform gave it away, huh."

"Yeah," Kumunot ang noo ni Klare at tinignan ang paligid, "Why is it different from the rest, though?"

Now that she is now putting her attention around them, ngayon niya lang napansin na pinagtitinginan pala sila.

She understood the curiosity dancing in their stare. She's a new face, everyone will stare. But what caught her attention is the way people stare at the person she's with.

Before Belle can even answer, her gaze went to her back called someone. She immediately followed her gaze.

A tall guy with glassed on his face was walking towards them. Magaan ang buong mukha nito at mukhang mabait pero 'nong lumipat ang paningin nito kay Klare ay nagsalubong kaagad ang kilay, nagmumukha siyang masungit.

"Kats! This is Klare, a newly transferred student."

Kaagad naman napalitan ng gulat ang litong mukha nito kanina. Palipat lipat ang tingin niya kay Klare at Belle bago tinitigan ng matagal si Klare na parang tinubuan siya ng pangalawang ulo.

Klare can't help but take a step back, weird guy.

"You can't be serious, right? That's impossible." Umiling ang lalaki at tumingin kay Belle na nagkibit balikat lang.

"Even I was surprise, too. Kahapon lang din ako nasabihan ni Principal Luke."

The 'Kats' guy was still staring at Belle in disbelief, "Don't believe me? Look at the bulletin board. I bet her name and face is already there,"

Walang paalam na naglakad palayo ang lalaki at sinundan nila ito ng tingin.

"Uhmm... okay?" Awkward na sabi ni Klare.

Pero tumawa lang si Belle, "Pagpasensyahan mo na 'yon. But it's best if we follow him, it will make the explaining less hassle and confusing,"

Bago pa makasagot si Klare ay sumunod na si Belle sa lalaki kanina. Wala na siyang magawa kundi sumunod din.

Klare felt uneasy. All eyes were on them as the three of them walk along the hallway. They were all murmuring and some were not even discreet in pointing her.

Some people look at her in jealousy and some were looking at her in disbelief.

"Diba? I told you! It's impossible!"

"It's been years at ngayon lang silan nadagdagan. May mga umalis pero ngayong ko lang nakita na nadagdagan sila."

'Yon ang mga naririnig niya habang sinusundan nila ang lalaki sa harap.

Belle looked unbothered. She just walked with her as if no one is staring and gossiping about them.

Tumigil sila sa paglalakad 'nong nakita niyang tumingin ang lalaking kasama sa isang napakalaking board.