Merlin: Love is in the air

Merlin strolled towards Arthur’s chambers for another normal day as his servant. Arthur now being King and Gwen being Queen it felt very different but at the same time he still was a servant and in most people eyes a no body. Merlin didn’t mind though he was use to it and he couldn’t be happier for Gwen. In the end she had finally married Arthur and that was all that mattered.

Merlin couldn’t help but be in a happy mood.  He arrived outside Arthur’s chambers and heard celebration from within. Since Arthur and Gwen now sleep in the same room he knew better then to just walk in, he had to knock. He knocked on the door waiting for an answer but he didn’t get one.

He stepped back wondering whether to wait for one or knock again. A maid came walking towards him and stopped right in front of him. She looked very pretty. “Hey Merlin,” she grinned.

“Oh hey, you’re one of the maids I see down in the kitchens right?” Merlin asked politely.  

She nodded with a grin, “Yeah that’s me. How are you?” she asked.

“I’m good waiting for Arthur,” he laughed.

“I bet you’re so happy you’re a servant to the king himself,” she said.

“Oh yeah extremely happy,” he laughed.

“You don’t like your job?”

“I like it but sometimes if you know what I mean he can be a bit of a cabbage head,” he said to her.

“My name is Amelia by the way,” she said quickly as Arthur’s chamber door flung open.

“Come on in then you idiot,” said Arthur.

“Oh right, I’ll see you around Amelia,” he said before he walked past Arthur into the chamber to find Gwen sitting at Arthur’s desk.

“Merlin I would have tidied up but Arthur insisted I sit down,” laughed Gwen.

“No problem Gwen. This is my job after all,” he said as he began to pick up the clothes on the floor and they happen to be all Arthur’s and not Gwen’s.

“So who was that?” asked Arthur.

“Who was what?” he asked confused as he began to put his clothes back into his wardrobe.

“The girl you were speaking to,” said Arthur.

“Oh her that was nothing sire,” he said. Gwen and Arthur looked over at him weirdly. Merlin hardly ever call Arthur sire these days, maybe that was it.

“Clearly that was something,” laughed Arthur. He shrugged it off.

Gaius was out and about doing his normal duty as court Physician. As he left someone’s home after checking up on someone who is quite ill he swore he saw Alice. Why would she be here? If Arthur was to ever see her she would be executed.

Gaius took it upon himself to follow her. He followed her all the way to a hut. “Alice,” he said before she went inside. She turned around and smiled.

“Gaius,” she said.   

“Alice what are you doing here?” I asked.

“I came to see you Gaius. I came to see you on this particular day for a reason,” she said softly.

“Valentine’s day,” I simply said and she nodded.

Merlin went off to fetch Arthur and Gwen there breakfast. Half way there he bumped into someone he hadn’t seen in Camelot before but she could be a princess any day. “You are Merlin?” she asked simply. Merlin looked into her green eyes and nodded.