PART TWO- He Could Pin me Down

Ralph P.O.V.

There was a nice feeling being in a group, but I felt the past was repeating itself when I became leader. I always had to think on my feet, always had to be in charge. That's just life when you don't have parents. You have to make decisions to stay alive- it was hard enough to take care of myself let alone a whole group of boys.

Speaking of the boys, one of them stood out to me. His name was Jack. I like the name Jack. Jack is a strong name. Jack as a person is pretty strong to, he could pin me down in a heartbeat in a wrestling match. His arms could easily hold my wrists above my head and is body straddle my weak one. I bet he would make a better leader than me.

One of the young boys pulled at my pant leg.

"Where are we?" He ask with his is large, threading to tear up.

"We're on an Island- but, but don't worry the grown up will fetch us soon."

"What do we do until then?"

"Have fun, yes. Yes, yes, yes. We will have a happy gay time until one of the adults comes and picks us up from here."

I looked up and saw all the boys around me listening. They needed reassurance, and as the leader I would try to give it to them.

Snapping me from my thought Jack grappled my wrist pulling me aside.

"We need hunters, as the leader you should stay back and make sure all the little kids are safe."

"Why? I could hunt! I could hunt just as well as you, maybe even better."

"Ralph, stay back. I'm older than you so listen to me."

"What does age matter on an Island."

"Shut up, I'm going. You're staying."

With that he walked away, his ginger locks dancing in the rays of hot sun.
Sucks to him, I'd be just as good a body hunter as him. So what he's older and bigger, I could catch food just a good.

In an instant I knew what I had to do. I grabbed a stick with a jagged end and headed into the bush. I don't need
Jack to catch anything. Jack needs me.

(A/N: Thank you for reading!!! Please comment on things you would like to happen in the book!!!! ILY ALL :3 )