Chapter 76: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry woke up the following morning wrapped in a blanket that he knew hadn't been there when he'd fallen asleep. Propping himself up on his elbows, he looked around. Harry was quite surprised to see himself surrounded by four walls and unfamiliar furniture, as he had been certain that he had fallen asleep on a beach. Suddenly, all of Harry's memories from the previous day came flooding back to him all at once: the trio's unplanned capture and less than average time at Malfoy Manor, turning around to see Dobby dying when they had made it to Shell Cottage, and Harry's night with Hermione by the sea. It had been a rollercoaster ride of a day, to say the very least.

A warm smile spread across Harry's face as he relived and relished every word he and Hermione had said to each other the previous night. It had all been so perfect, so honest, so true. This sort of thing usually made Harry violently gag, but it had never been like that with Hermione. Anything could have happened and Harry wouldn't have minded at all.

Harry sat up. It was only at this point that he realised that he was on an extremely uncomfortable sofa, so Harry stood up. He was alone in the small, sofa-filled room, which was quite concerning, as a little clock on the mantelpiece told him that it was almost one o'clock in the afternoon. Harry stood up and made his way to the door leading into what looked like a kitchen. Nobody was there either. Entering rooms one by one, Harry looked for any signs of life, with no success. Giving up on the ground floor, he ran up the stairs two at a time to find himself facing another array of doors. Harry gave an almighty sigh. The door to Harry's left opened quietly.

A pair of curious brown eyes peeked out at him. Their owner stepped back and opened the door fully.

"Good morning, Harry." Hermione whispered, beaming.

"Hermione." Harry breathed, scooping her up into a tight hug,"How are you feeling?"

"Much better, thank you." She said,"Come in."

Harry entered the room with a look of amazement. Two twin beds stood in the centre, but all four walls seemed to be built entirely out of shells. "Woah!"

"I know." Hermione nodded, sitting down on the bed closest to the window,"Luna slept here, too. It's beautiful isn't it?"

Harry nodded, sitting down next to her,"Where's everyone else?"

"Oh, well, Griphook and Mr. Ollivander are up here in one of the rooms - I'm not sure which - as they're both still really weak, and I think the others are all in the living room downstairs."

"No, I was just in there. I slept there." Harry said.

Hermione laughed,"That wasn't the living room, Harry, that was the games room. There's a door in the dining room that leads into the living room. It's far bigger than the games room."

"But...but there were no games in there." Harry protested.

"That's what I said. Bill told me that's just what they call it."

"You spoke to Bill?" Harry asked,"When?"

"Last night."

"What? When last night?" Harry said, bemused,"We fell asleep on the beach last night."

Hermione laughed again,"No, Harry, you fell asleep on the beach last night. I brought you inside and Bill told me I should put you in the games room."

"Oh." Harry grinned,"Sorry about that."

"It's all right. Fleur insisted on giving me some soup. She said 'eet iz going to make you veel much better, Moanie!'" She laughed.

"I can only imagine." Harry said, trying hard not to picture Fleur saying those words while she force-fed Hermione soup,"Yesterday was...different, wasn't it?" He changed the subject.