Chapter One

“The only reason I won’t let go of what is making me sad is because it was the only thing that made me happy.”

Allison’s POV

I laughed as my friend took a picture of us. I smiled, hiding my face in Logan’s shoulder.

My friend, Samantha, was a photographer. She loved taking pictures of the two of us, putting them in her portfolio. She said we had the “tumblr look.” I turned and looked at Logan, a smile pulling at the corners of my lips. I couldn’t help but smile at him, he brought so much joy to my life. He made me feel a way no one has ever made me feel- in a good way.

“You’re staring.” He smiled, his arm wrapped around my shoulders.

He grinned before pressing his lips against mine. Samantha groaned in annoyance, rolling her eyes.

“Do you guys have to do that all the time?”

Logan’s smile dropped as he stared at his phone screen. I leaned over, attempting to sneak a glance at what he was frowning at, but he pulled his phone away, locking the screen.

“Who was that?”

“Oh, it was uh- Jacob,” he rose his eyebrows. “You know, being Jacob.”

I knew he was lying, he always raised his eyebrows in the middle of a lie. I decided to brush it off and let myself have a good time.

Later that night, we decided on a movie and cuddling. He was making the popcorn while I chose the movie. I noticed his phone on the table, my curiosity getting the best of me. I unlock his phone, his password being the day we got together, before clicking on his messages. That’s when I saw it.

‘She won’t give you what you want but I can’

I felt my heart drop to my feet as I read the messages. Him and Alicia, a girl from school, had been meeting up every Friday to have sex. I felt so many different emotions; betrayal, hurt, mad, sad. I looked up, seeing him standing in the doorway, a bowl of popcorn in his hand, a strange look on his face. Something like shock.

I started to leave, grabbing my coat and bag before heading to the door.

“Wait, Ally, I can explain.” He said, his hand grasping my arm.

“Explain what?” I said, tears stinging my eyes. “That you’re cheating on me? Or how stupid I was to not see it? Lacrosse practice on Fridays? I should have known.”

“It’s not like that, it’s just-”

“It’s just what? Sex?”

He sighed, rubbing a hand over his face. He looked at the ceiling, holding tears back. “Three years, Allison, we can’t let that be ruined over some girl.”

“If she’s some girl, why are you still with her every Friday?”

He stood there, no explanation on his lips. The two of us stood in silence, staring at each other.

“You told me forever.” He said, his voice cracking.

“And you told me she was just a friend.”

With that, I turned and left, leaving him standing alone.
_______________________________________
Co written with tincandallas822
Love her so much!!!!