"And why would you or I care about what Meredith thinks?" His voice ticked my ear as he held me real close.

"Well she has missed you a lot while you were away..." I said. "And as you and her are together I think she has every right to."

Sean nuzzled mid face in my neck. "And what if I missed you while I was away?"

"What about it?" I breathed out as I slid away.

I didn't know what to do - which was a first - so I went to speak with Kelly. When I got to where her and her mates were standing, I realized that Kelly had had one too many drinks as she was practically on top of a guy. God she was so embarrassing. As I coudn't speak to her without embarrassing myself I went to say hello to the birthday girl.

"Happy Birthday Meredith!" I sand as soon as she entered my vision.

Meredith squealed and turned to face me. "Eve? What you doing here? I didn't think you would come!" I guess you could say I was pretty popular. More so than Meredith anyway.

I just smiled at her but I felt like someone - *cough* Sean *cough* - burning holes in the back of my head so I asked Meredith to dance. I had a feeling that he might enjoy this.

We started grinding against each other and we were loving it! Actually I thing everyone was loving it. Now not only Sean was watching us dance but everyone in the room had made a circle around us and were cheering us on. I was used to this sort of thing as I had done it for a while. Meredith had had some... what could I say... had had some experience in this area but not this much. But right now, she was in her element. 

After a while later, we were playing Spin the Bottle, we being Me, Kelly, Sean, Meredith, Le Le and a few other people I knew. It was Sean's turn to spin. And of course, fate being the evil bitch it is, made it land on me.

"Hmmm," Sean pondered, " Truth or Dare." I couldn't choose truth because people would think that I was either weak or scared and plus we were totally pissed.

"Dare!" I laughed.

Sean just laughed at me being excited. "I dare you to cross the fence and run up and touch up the Big House.." Everyone gasped and when I say everyone, I mean the whole room when quiet.

You see, no one crosses the fence. And no it's not one of those small waist-high wooden fence with flowers at the bottom. It's the big tall black iron ones with spikes at the top. Anyway, no one ever crosses the fence for different reasons, but they all lead to fear. Some people say that it's haunted by a large family as they have seen many people outside on a sunny day. But these people are dressed in weird clothes; such as long full dresses and bonnets or breeches and frilly top with top hat and canes.

"Sean, man, you can't dare her that. You know what happens to people who go over there. Especially the Big House." Ahh yes. Another reason not to do the dare. The Big House apparently is where they all live - where everyone lived, the servants, the maids, the cooks, the ... the family.

But I wasn't going to back out of a dare. It wasn't my thing. I'd never do that no matter what the dare.

"Okay." I said boldly. And as I did everyone gasped again and stared at me, even Sean. "Lead the way."

We all made our way out side and up the road a little. It was really dark now and the further we got up the road, the more darker it got. We finally got there and I stood and stared at the fence. It loomed over me casting a shadow over my face - well it probably didn't but it felt like it. And even though there was no one but us around it felt like it was busy. You know the feeling when you're out shopping and everyone is moving all around you.

"How am I going to get past?" I asked Sean.

"Ummm," If I hadn't of been standing right in front of the fence, then I would have laughed. He honestly looked like he was going to shit himself. "I'm not sure. You're skinny aren't you? Fit through the bars." I looked at him. Was he mental. I know I'm thin. But not that thin. You'd have to be dead to be that thin. He obviously had seen my look because he stuttered and then said, "Well, how about you slide underneath it?"

I Bent down and measured the height from the floor to the bar. I guess I could fit through that. Giving all my friends and my sister a smile, I lay down and used my arms to pull myself along. Ahh, man! This was so going to ruin my dress!

After getting up of ground, I turned to see everyone almost everyone's eyes popped out of their sockets. Only I couldn't see Sean anywhere. He wasn't where he was standing when I went under the fence. And he wasn't anywhere with the group... I guess he had gone. I waved my hand but it was a really shaky wave. So, I turned around and made my way up to the Big House.

About half an hour later, I arrived at the side of the house, even though it was more like mansion.

Suddenly I had the feeling that I was being watched,

Half an hour later and the house was in view - even though it was more like mansion. Suddenly I had the feeling that I was being watched, sure the feeling of it being a busy atmosphere was still there. But there was the feeling of being stalked too.

 Just before making it to the little path (took me where I had slipped under the fence) something grabbed my dress and pulled, not allowing me to move away.

**

Hey guys, this is my story. Hope you enjoyed it and I know it's long but whenever I read something I always want it to be long soo... yeah. I have put this story in the Vampire and Historical Fiction categories. I know this chapter doesn't fit into them but they do sorta hint a little. More will be reveled in the next chapter. Anyway please vote and pretty please comment!! Thanks for reading,

Pippa xxx