Chapter 1

Malorie's POV

* Unknown: Meet me behind the gym 10 minutes after lunch break is over. We need to talk ASAP. *

The period after lunch is math with Mrs. O'Donell, so I might skip it. I already have detention, so whatever. I received the text when I was living the principal's office earlier today. Someone saw me leaving Mrs O'Donell class during lunch break last Wednesday. What a coincidence that in that same day, someone, somehow, master to put rats in the drawer of Mrs O'Donell desk. Poor creatures. Now I have detention for the rest of the month. That's two fucking weeks of two hours of detention everyday. And with who? Mrs O'Donell herself. Shoot me now! Don't get me wrong but that old lady can kill you just by looking at you. That's one of the reasons that she's the most hated teacher here. The other is just, she's a total bitch.

I took my phone to see the hours. Five minutes past one, meaning five minutes after lunch break was over. I start heading to the gym, looking around to be sure no one saw me or I'll have a month of detention instead of only two weeks. My record is not that bad, just a few detentions. I mean, I'm not falling every subject, only math and chemistry and my grades aren't that bad. But I skip a lot of classes and I have some fights. I wouldn't have any if stupid people didn't start it. I'm a peaceful person. Sometimes.

Behind the gym there's a unused parking lot that people forgot a long time ago. That's Keith's spot. Was he the one that sent me the text? Turning the corner I saw five figures standing in the middle of the parking lot arguing. Two more figures were watching the scene a couple of steps behind under the oak tree. When I was approaching the ones that were arguing, I recognised Laura and Beth right away.

" -stard! Oh, let's see what Malorie thinks about this!" Laura said looking at me and past the three guys in front of her, leading them to turn around. Only two of them did, and when they did I couldn't be more surprised. Ethan and Jake gave me a nod, and I realised that this arguing was with Mark. Mark, Ethan and Jake are three of the jocks, also known as Grimsay or 'Grims', Pierce and Barrow. They're built but they're plain stupid. Ethan is the one I know best, he's my lab partner in chemistry, and he's cool but not so smart. Both of us are falling, just like half of our class. We're not really interested in what Kassiopeia has to say. Kassiopeia is our teacher. Cool name, I know. Don't ask me why she has this name, there's a lot of rumours about it but no one knows if they're true.

"About what?" The words left my mouth while I was heading to where Laura and Beth were standing. Laura, or Delante as many people call her, is my closest friend since I moved here, about an year and a half ago. Laura has a twin sister, Claire, the head-cheerleader here. If you'd try to guess, you could say that they don't like each other but that's not the case. They're really close. Bethanie was a cheerleader but she had to quit because of a problem on her knee. She knew Laura and Claire since they were kids. And when I entered this school, Laura and Beth accepted me in their group.

"This a-hole was with my sister because he though that he could be closer to you that way. He was using her. And I don't even asked if he cheated on her." When she looked at me I knew that she was angry at him, the look on her face while telling me was of pure disgust. "I swear to god, if I find out that you cheated on her, I'm going to find a way to put your future to waste." In the most of the cases something like this could destroy a friendship, but Laura knew I would protect Claire like my own sister. Claire is not one of those slutiest cheerleaders, far from it. She's really naive, and she believes everything people tell her. She dated Grims for an year, but she refused to give him what he wanted. He's one of those cocky and backstabbing player. And he played with the wrong girl.

"I knew you were stupid and are arrogant but I didn't know you didn't have any morals. Didn't your parents taught you not to play with a girls heart?" I looked at him and for two seconds I saw the guilt inside of him, but it was replaced with anger and frustration in a blink of an eye.