Assumptions

It took the guys ten minutes to find me. I tried to pry the door open, but it was as if it only opened from the inside. Jeffrey, or at least that's what his name tag said, pulled me downstairs into a basement. I then knew I was connected to this. 

         "Got us a criminal here, Sud!" Jeffrey yells soon to be followed by a guy with 'Sud' on his chest.

        "That's the chick who killed the local, prisoner, and maybe even her best friend." He extends the last part, causing me to resist my restraint.

         "Oh no little lady you ain't goin no were" A man named Walter says as he confidently strides into the room. 

       "I'm done with Morse's games!" I spat 

       "Who says we're with him?" He chuckles 

       "How could you not?" I dryly laugh, "seems like everyone I talk to works for him." I rolled my eyes.

       "Missy you don't understand the trouble he's provided to let you be in our little club, as we here call it." The two others laughed at his comment.

       "Just tell me where Luke is?" I scream

      He slowly bends down and pulls me on my knees as he whispers, "Oh sweet cheeks he's been here the whole time." 

      A tall figure enters the room with the name Sergeant. He entered and I was utterly confused once he pulled his mask off. Sergeant then turned into Luke. 

       "You weren't picked for revenge. We have been tracking you since your mother left you in the streets. Mark is one of the people who is higher in the ranks. Where as.... well I am the founder" he chuckled, "I figured since your mother is who she is I might want to get close to you. Well personally. You didn't make it easy, but it turns out you're clueless about your mother so I kept quiet, and slowly started to get closer to you. So you could do what you're best at.. which is pushing people away."

   It made sense, he didn't start talking to me till we met at a coffee shop, and he pulled me back into reality and I left the streets then. But my mother?

      "What?! What's my mother have to do with this?" 

       "She's in a group that tracks us down. She left you because someone had compromised her, and well I found her house, but she never knew I was the founder. I plan to keep it that way." He smiled, "she figured If she left you, you would never be hurt or caught in the middle of this, but she was wrong. Your mother came that day not to ask about money, but to find evidence."

       "But why me? You fooled me! I thought you cared!" I fought back an ocean of tears

       He just started laughing. After he calmed he said, "man I'm good at my job. You guys gotta be more observant of your clients. Cause this one sure as hell is dumb. 'I just wanted to get closer to you, I wanna be more then friends' blah blah blah bullshit bullshit bullshit!" He starts laughing again, but then turns serious, "We don't appriciate your selfishness with denying my request to join us. I will let you go because, ha, you being here cleaned the dirty work up, and they'll blame you." 

       "So you plan on letting me get arrested." I laughed, I felt utterly clueless and stupid. So very stupid.

       "Precisely!" He lights up, "let them do the work. You won't survive long in there with your previous clients" he wasn't done yet and I knew.

       "But mark my words when I say this." He pauses, "if you get out of prison I will find a way to kill you."

        "This... this all isn't adding up." I say while trying to wrap my brain together.

         "Are you fucking kidding me! Way to ruin a dramatic exit! Honey I PLAYED you. Our 'friendship' was a lie, our 'romance' wasn't real! I had Mark stab me so you'd think I died, but hell you just couldn't stop could you?" He was getting agitated, but I wasn't ready to shut up.

         "You let him stab you, but how'd you heal without going to a hospital. Or even being seen!"  I felt like I had just got the upper hand only to be shut down.

       "Mark has people he works with. Just one swip to turn the cameras off, and then have a worker pull his van to the garage and I'm gone. Now the stab wound was the hard part. I'm not healed;  a needle, rubbing alcohol, and somehow gauze can only go so far, but I'm able to move around like normal." He brags, but his face changed as Sud came over to him. 

      "Boss, time to go! Jeffrey predicts 2 minutes till police arrive." 

      "Time for my grand escape." He bows, "sorry for what's to come, but at least you'll look cute for the press."  He laughs as he runs out the door. 

          All I knew was I lived in a world of lies.