A Little Prince

Chapter 8

A Little Prince (July 2013)

Four months past. Maria-Laura did visit Caroline for two weeks in the last part of June. They spent most of the time in Cambridge, walking around the town. They went to Wimbledon with Maria-Anunciata and Princess Beatrice two of the days to see Novak Djokovic, of course. Catherine was huge at that point and did not join them.

Maria-Laura did snag her man—at the Royal Ascot. Philippos joined Joachim and Maria-Laura to the horse-racing, and spent the whole time with Maria-Laura. The Duke of Edinburgh immensely liked the Belgian princess.

That summer, when Caroline had breaks from royal engagements, she either took a break at Cambridge or with Aunt Sophie at Bagshot Park. Joachim spent half of the four months in England during these breaks all together.

Caroline also spent a lot of time at the Middleton residence where Catherine would hideaway from the bustling palaces to rest. The Middleton family viewed Caroline as family and welcomed her with open arms.

It was the end of July 2013.

Caroline sped her Range Rover down the street to St. Mary's Hospital—Catherine was in labor! She had left Joachim with Harry at Kensington, barely saying bye after William had called when Catherine's water broke.

Caroline quickly parked and raced up the steps to the maternity ward. She was about to be an auntie! Seeing the princess coming, the guards stationed at the private ward opened the doors. Caroline pushed Michael and James Middleton aside to get into the room where Catherine was giving birth. The two men took the push with good favor.

Catherine smiled upon seeing her sister-in-law. Carole and Pippa stood at one side of the bed while Will stood on the other. Caroline held both Will's and Catherine's hands, overjoyed for them; her eldest brother was about to become a dad.

Later that day, a new prince was born. Caroline gasped in awe as the baby prince was handed to his mother, swathed in a blue blanket. The new parents smiled at their baby, the perfect picture of a new family.

Caroline took that moment to call Harry.

Harry immediately answered his cell. "Is the baby here? Is Catherine okay? Did Wills faint?" He asked in rushed.

Caroline simply said, "Why don't you come meet your nephew, Harrbear?"

Caroline laughed when she received a dial tone in response. Caroline's brow furrowed at the secret smiles she received once she rejoined the group. They were all acting very odd, from William to Carole.

Now holding his newborn son in his arms, William looked at his sister. "Would you like to meet your nephew, Caroline?"

Bouncing on the balls of her feet, Caroline nodded eagerly. Will chuckled at her excitement before gently placing his son in her arms. Caroline instantly rocked her arms back and forth as a love like no other filled her heart. His cheeks were adorably chubby, his fingers and toes so tiny. The lullaby that Diana once sang to Caroline, and Harry and Will sang after her death, filled the small hospital room as Caroline sweetly sang to her nephew.

The newborn prince sleepily stared up at his aunt with big, brown eyes. The others in the room watched on as a bond was formed.

Caroline whispered lovingly in his ear, "I'll always love you, little prince."

It was the exact same words that William has whispered in her ear when he held her for the first time.

William joked to the room, "I think we already have a babysitter lined up."