Interview-WhiteRabbit17

1) How did you discover wattpad ?

I discovered Wattpad through Quizilla. Unfortunately, I used to be on that website, something I’m not proud of. Lol But that’s how I discovered how much better and more mature Wattpad was than Quizilla.

2)When did you first start writing?

Like most everyone I started when I was younger. In the days of teachers teaching us to write creatively, I found that I really enjoyed it. After that, I remember writing a really-really lame story about dragons and witches, very lame trust me. I stopped writing after that and started to get into it again after discovering the website. I found out that I still really enjoyed it and kept doing it!

3) Do you think you've improved since then?

Since I was younger, yes. Lol Since I first started last year, I would say yes. With each story I write, reading other’s, and getting those small tips I most definitely have improved.

4) What gave you the inspiration to write" Words I Nevr Said"?

I came up with the story “Words I Never Said” after reading a few stories about girls that had no backbone. I have a big backbone when it comes to speaking my mind, it kinda drives me slightly crazy reading those stories. So, it just shocked an idea like a girl who stays closed mouthed, but then at the right time says something so wise and you’re just like “damn”. That was kinda how it started, but slightly strayed from that idea, though I’m happy where it went.

5) what do you prefer on your stories ?Votes, Comments Or Reads ?

Voting is nice, let’s the writer know you liked it. Reads are just okay. Comments are the best, it voices someone’s opinion, can give you ideas or advice on the chapter. I love to read the comments, they’re kind of hilarious sometimes. On one hand they’re so outrageous when guessing the story and on the other you’re like “how did they guess that?!” I always love reading the comments.

6) What advice would you give a struggling writer ?

Struggling to write in general or struggling to promote their story? Writer’s block sucks, I know, I get it sometimes. The best you can do is to not force yourself and take a break. Focus on other things and then when you’re feeling inspired, write again. As for getting it promoted—Share Your Story Club—learn it, use it, become one with it. Literally, I spent every day in that forum to get my story Words I Never Said noticed. Either you do read for reads or you just advertise. I like to advertise because I like to let people discover my story on their own. I have a hard time reading a story when it’s forced, I don’t find it enjoyable, I find it a daunting task. This is why no one likes to read the school assigned books because they’re forced and you’re not just reading it like a book report. You have to let people discover it, the best writers on wattpad weren’t shoving their story down people’s throats, they got discovered because they love to write and it’s something their good at. People that shove a lot, just want to be popular (with exceptions to those who really want advice, but they usually say they want to improve and can you help me). The best writers are the best writers for a reason

7)What do you think an important ability a writer should have ?

Be open-minded. People are always going to criticize your work, some of that can be useful and can help you improve. You need to be open-minded for improvement because if you shut all advice out and assume your way is automatically correct isn’t good. You could really be wrong, especially grammatical or maybe you have a loose end in your story line!

8) When you write a story , does the idea just pop in your head, or does something happen that inspires you to write it ?

It’s usually dreams that inspire me or reading other’s works’. Sometimes when I read other’s works’ I think “oh I would do this instead of that” or “I would have liked it better if that happened” I’ve never really ran with those though. I want my own story, I like the dreams best, they’re random and weird. They give you the best ideas. A dream gave me the idea for my story “Bite to Break Skin”.

9) What are your favorite books on Wattpad ? Name 3 .

Oh this is hard, I hate picking favorites. It always changes, but alright I’ll pick my top 3 even though there’s definitely more than three. I’m only picking completed stories. First, “Burn Into Me” by ballerinasarahh. Very first story I read on here, original idea, strong lead character. It’s never a dull chapter, I thoroughly enjoyed waiting for a new chapter, it always kept you wanting more and kept you on the edge of your seat. Second, “Better Than Revenge” by TheFlamingPopsicle. One of the most recent stories I absolutely fell in love with. I love the comical banter between the two main characters, I love a lead girl character with a backbone and damn did that girl have one. This one also kept me on my toes, I never knew what the big secret was, I couldn’t guess and was completely surprised by what it was! Third, “A and D” by fallenbabybubu. Very well written, I loved the characters personalities, they weren’t boring or lame. It was a good love story and I really enjoyed it. I’m a sucker for a happy ending.

10) What message would you like to give your fans ?

I would just like to thank every single one of my fans for their immense support and funny comments. I’m very grateful that my readers and fans really enjoy my style of writing and my storyline. All the great comments about how they love it really keeps me writing. Thank you to all my fans, god I love ya. Lol <3 Rabbit