"If you're so damn busy then go, Gerald!" She used her father's name. "I don't need you around to lecture me! You've never been around, you're always traveling with Violet, leaving me behind with a stupid, gold digging babysitter!"

"Crescent, that's enough." Her mother glared.

"You know what? Why even bother to have me when you don't even need me?" Crescent muttered angrily as she shoved her parents away from her, slamming the police door shut as she made her way outside.

She rolled her eyes and stopped short at the paparazzi. They had seen everything, they had listened to their conversation and took recordings to it.

She fumed silently as she got into her car and slammed the door shut, ignoring the paparazzi and taking off, heading over to her house. The very one she hasn't seen for months.

As Crescent went upstairs to her bedroom, she grabbed a large bag and stuffed clothes in it. She grabbed her toiletries, spare shoes, and a wad of cash that she had been saving from her fights.

Crescent slung the bag over her shoulder, walking outside and driving off.

She pulled up next to an old house that she owned. Crescent got out of the car and trudged towards it, taking in some similar features.

She had worked her ass off to save up money to buy this little house to call home. She didn't need anything else, it was good enough for her.

She was not going back to her old home again.

—————

"Your name is Alaska Grant?" The detective asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes," she replied. "I'm nineteen years old."

"Do you remember anything that had happened from these past few months, Alaska?" He asked, ready to write down on a notebook.

"No... I do not."

"Really? Nothing at all?"

"None, I don't remember anything." She was about to get irritated. Alaska has been inside this damn room for hours, answering useless questions about her and what she did.

"Do you not also remember what you did back there?"

"No! I don't, okay?" She exclaimed at him. "Can I be let out now?"

"A few more question, please." He frowned at her.

"No, no more questions. All of this is stupid! What do you want me to say? That I remember everything? Because I sure as hell don't!" She snorted. "For a detective, you sure are dumb as hell for not listening to the doctors that say I have amnesia."

She saw his hands gripping the notebook tightly and gave out a smug smile. "What's wrong? You don't seem too happy."

"Shut up!"

"Oh? I thought you wanted me to answer your questions." She raised an eyebrow.

He sighed in irritation. "You don't remember anything at all?"

"I just freaking told you! I don't! Some detective you are," she scoffed at him.

He was about to exclaim at her again when the door opened up, revealing officer Parker and Crescent.

"You sure you know this girl?" Parker asked Cress.

She nodded at him and looked over to the detective. "Yes, I'll take her. She's an old friend."