Chapter 13: First Day Back

Start from the beginning

"Hello, Harry!" She greeted him. I looked over to Annabeth for guidance and she mouthed Cho Chang.

A grin spread over my face as Harry looked up and immediately his face turned red. Seems like someone had a little crush. Poor guy, I understood his feelings, having experienced the same thing with Annabeth.

"Hi," He said, his voice sounding a little flustered.

"You got that stuff off then?" She asked him, with a small smile. I looked at Annabeth quizzically who just shrugged.

"Yeah," Harry said, a weird little kind of grin appearing on his face, though it looked a little forced. "So, did you ... er ... have a good summer?"

A shadow seemed to past over Cho's face as she replied, "Oh, it was alright, you know ..."

I was about to open my mouth and say something to help break the awkward silence stretching between Harry and Cho when Ron did the job for me. "Is that a Tornados badge?" He demanded, pointing to the front of Cho's robes where a sky-blue badge was pinned. "You don't support them, do you?"

"Yeah, I do." Cho replied.

"Have you always supported them, or just since they started winning the league?" Ron asked, accusatory creeping into his tone.

"I've supported them since I was six," Cho told him coldly. "Anyway ... see you, Harry." With that, she walked off.

Hermione turned to Ron furiously when Cho was halfway across the courtyard. "You are so tactless!"

"What?" Ron protested. "I only asked her if – "

"Couldn't you tell she wanted to talk to Harry on her own?"

"So? She could've done, I wasn't stopping –"

"Why on earth were you attacking her about her Quidditch team?"

"Attacking? I wasn't attacking her, I was only –"

"Who cares if she supports the Tornados?"

As Ron opened her mouth to argue back, I siddled over to Harry who was looking disheartened. "Tough luck, dude." I told him sympathetically. "Don't worry; you'll get another chance at it."

"Yeah sure," He said, unconvinced.

"Same thing happened to me and Annabeth though. Even when we did kiss after the war, we were interrupted and thrown into the lake. Joke's on them though. We stayed underwater because I was a son of Poseidon," I continued on, grinning at the memory and causing a smirk to spread over Harry's face.

"Yeah? Well maybe it'll happen to me, though I don't fancy being thrown into the lake with the giant squid," He snorted, his smile fading as he looked towards Ron and Hermione who were still arguing.

The bell rang and Harry sighed. "That's the bell," He said listlessly to his best friends who were bickering too loudly to hear it. As we made our way to the next class, the duo continued to yell at each other with us looking away uncomfortably.

I shivered when we reached the dungeons where apparently, our next lesson was supposed to be taking place at. It had a dark, damp look and some of the students were shivering as they stood in line, out of chills or nerves I had no idea. Harry seemed preoccupied with his thoughts as Ron and Hermione remained stubborn about their opinions. Tyson was looking around with fright; Clarisse glaring at some vicious-looking Slytherins who were glancing our way and giggling about something. Annabeth, Thalia, Grover and Nico were in deep discussion about something or other and I just stood there, taking in my surroundings when the dungeon door creaked open.