"I said go to school," He practically whispered, his words like ice.

I picked up my bag from off the table and turned for the door. Slamming it behind me, I practically ran for the little white car that had been mine for the time that I was here.

I wasn't paying very much attention to anything while making my way to school, I was too pissed off at my dad, myself.. everything. It wasn't the safest thing to be driving while I was this upset, but I had to get to school somehow.

My phone was sitting on the passenger seat, and it beeped. Was it Ronnie? Did she want me back?

I leaned over to grab my phone off the seat.

There was a loud crash.

Then everything went black.

***Ronnie's POV***

I got out of Timothy's car and rushed into the front building of the school to escape the cold air. I hadn't talked to Connor yet, and it had been a few more days than I wished.

It wasn't that I didn't want to talk to him, I was just really stressed out with school projects and I couldn't have another argument with Connor.

I started towards my AP World History class but was stopped in the middle of the hallway when I heard a loud voice come from the speakers and ring through the campus.

"Veronica Gresham, please come to the front office. Veronica Gresham."

Startled, I turned back around towards the other building and began to think, why would I be called to the office?

Did they find out that I wasn't at school for fifth and sixth period on Monday?

After my conversation with Connor on Monday, I stayed with Jc and Kara for the rest of the day. I just told Tim that I left with them after school, but I really didn't come back to school at all after lunch.

He would kill me if he found out that I skipped.

I began to panic.

I had never gotten in trouble before. What would they do? Would I get detention?

By the time I made my way to the front office, I was on the verge of a panic attack. I looked around and started to walk towards the desk when I was stopped with a hand grabbing my arm.

I turned around quickly to see that it was Mrs. Dillon, Connor's mom.

"Come on honey, I've already checked you out," She said in a hushed tone, physically pulling me out the door.

"What's going on?" I asked, clearly confused.

"It's Connor," She replied, turning on the car. "He got in an accident. Luckily, he just has a broken arm that they're setting right now, but I figured that you would want to go and see him, so I just decided to grab you on the way," She said, her words rushed.

He got in a car accident? This was not at all what I expected when I got to the office this morning. I pushed all of my previous anger towards Connor to the side and just focused on the present situation.

I looked over at Mrs. Dillon and noticed that her knuckles were white from gripping the wheel too hard. I put a hand on her shoulder to try and calm her, but I was very on edge about the situation as well.

"He'll be ok. It could've been much worse," I said, trying to convince her and myself.

"That's very true. I'm glad that you're here with me. If I was all alone, I could've caused another accident with all of the stress. And I know it will make Connor feel better with you there," She responded, and I could tell that she had calmed down a little.